Alotments

My Nan Has a Few Patches At The Alotments, And There Are Rats Everywhere,

Who Will I Need To Get Permission Off Too Shoot Them With My Air Rifle?

Or Is It Just a No No ?

Cheers Guys ;)

Edited by Shooter08

yiu will need to find who she rents it off i dhoot over or 6 and i got a mate to ask the landowner

Careful, allotments tend to be council run and we all know what lilly livered, bunny cuddlers they are. Also you may have an issue with other renters of allotments. If they complained to the council all hell could break loose. Personally I have asked the local pest control guy (Rat Man) to give his opinion. He wasn't happy about it at all, however he knew who to ask in the council, had the correct public liability insurance to satisfy them and if anyone was on the allotment he'd always explain who and what he was doing............The end result was a good few nights out in the allotment with the Rat Man sitting around potting rats for hours on end with a few drams to keep warm.

On the other hand most folk on the allotment liked the idea we were killing their pests.

If people talked nicely to each other so much more could be achieved in the world. So talk to all !

Good Luck

Swampy

[if people talked nicely to each other so much more could be achieved in the world. So talk to all !

Good Luck

Swampy

Thats the best piece of advice i've ever seen on this forum, nice one Swampy :clapper:

Cheers

Aled

Allotments are a useful and often overlooked venue for the rat hunter

your first port of call should be the alotment itself where you should find contact details for people requesting plots

this will usually but not always be the local town council, when you phone them they will probably tell you that they have tried to remove the rats with poison, most will have tried this, but given the nature of the venue (crops etc, tennants bring their kids down) this has proved unpopular with plot holders

so long as you can demonstrate that you are a responsible shooter with insurance and are aware of the relevant laws concerning shooting near footpaths etc then they should give you a shot (scure the pun) at removing the rats

all the best, let us know how you get on

fin and fur

i have an allotment me self & i have always just shot rats on it i thought is was like a council house you pay rent like a house so as the tenant of it you should get rid of the pest just the same as you whould in a house. if there is a safe back drop & your shoting with in the law then i dont know anyone to have a problem doing this as long as your in your garden. & alot of people shot the rats up the alloptments where mine are. and the police dont stop you ether if they see you shoting in the garden.

Used to have a Plot and my Dad was Secretary

Ground Committee said yes

Council said no on Health and Safety and worries of possible claims

When I used to work for Council used to clear pigeons off Roofs of my Office building

@ weekends when on meal breaks or after work

Was a very large Sealed Yard with 6ft High Fences and locked Gates

Boss's was aware - as caught on CCTV one weekend

But allowed me to continue as assured them I had legal cover.

Plus they was making a mess of buildings and entering through opened windows

Did have interesting one - on a Saturday - guy climbed over 6 foot gate / Fence

Noticed me and used Mobile to Call Police

They Arrived - Joke was they phoned me as Weekend Duty Officer

I Requested guy was done for tresspass - Lad's got message and went for him

instead of me - A Armed unit did come out but Air Gun was in my Van by time they got through locked gates

After taking him away it was checked and thought to be OK

What helped was that I was also Council Police operations Officer

So they did not want to go hard on me as needed my assistance.......

Gun was a HW90 Gas Ram

I do have several Control Shoots - which can be seen from highway - I alway's advise

Police - cad get a number - double lock entrance gates and put up warning sigh

Site Closed for Control purposes

Best one was a Golf course signs and Barriers Down

Lamping with a Shotgun - guy run @ me - had earphones on and had not seen or herd me

Addmitted climing over sign

Joke was Golf Club had a order out against him - for running over ground with spikes

So called Groundsman & Police and was arrested for breaking order @ 11pm -

Trouble these day's - it can be dealt with as Armed Tresspass - unless you have signed authorised

Permission

And it would go out to a Fire Arms unit to deal with...............

BOB/R