I was planning on getting a Car when I turn 17 (April 7th) but now I'm seriously thinking about getting a Bike.

I've got some experience with Bikes, I used to ride a 60cc Twist and go Crosser, a 50cc Minimoto and most recently on the Road a 100cc Speedfight Scooter on 50 paperwork :yes:

Ideally I'd like a Supermoto.. My Dad used to have a Honda Crf Supermoto which I really liked.

What license do I need to get, I want a bigger Engine than a 125cc?

How long does It take to get It? Do you have loads of Lessons like for a Car License?

How much will It cost me?

Roughly how much Is Insurance compared to Cars?

Any advice Is appreciated!

Cheers, Butch ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting confused! :laugh:

I've done my CBT, so does this mean I can go and do my Cat A1 (upto a 125cc) or can I go and do my Cat A (gotta be restricted to 33bhp)

Ideally I'd like a 250cc Enduro and then convert It to a supermoto! :D

Butch

You can do your first part of your bike test which is your 125cc, once you pass you can ride anything as long as it does'nt exceed 33bhp, if you do your 125cc test, on your 21st birthday you will be upgraded to a full bike licence.

One of my mates had a 400cc 33bhp from 17years old

If you pass the category A test at 17, you can ride a bike up to 33bhp. after 2 years of taking it, you can ride anything.

The 21 years old rule is if you want to go straight to riding any bike, bypassing the 2 year wait.

ime a biker basicly if you go abowt it the right way you can have a 180mph bike at the age of 17

u must have passed [bANNED TEXT] cbt then take [bANNED TEXT] part one....you will be restricted to 33bhp.....this duzent matter because my 125 was 35bhp at 17

u then can ride any cc bike as long as its restricted to 33bhp but most insurers dont ask for your restriction certificet so they you go

Right so I can do my Catagory A straight away?

What would be a good first Bike? I'm after a Supermoto or an Enduro Bike I can eventually convert..

Butch

ccm 660

xlr 250 or xr

all depends on what speed handling ...super moto n enduro are to difrent types of rideing u crnt get low on a crosser realy..u can but its not to safe....if u want a bike good on the bends u want a super moto

ref supermoto i ride a ktm 640 supermoto that is upped to a 660, and i love it. Have more fun and trust me i get low on the bends. hammer most sport bike riders around the twistie section only to get beat on the straight lines. They are good bikes. but when buying have a good check of it as they get thrashed more than a sports bike as there mainly single cylinders. Also the maintenance on them is a bit higher due to what they are (basicaly moto x with road tyres) so take this in to consideration. I also race a ktm EXC 300 2 stroke off road doing enduro's and i am thinking of turning this into a supermoto aswell. Mate supermoto's are great in my eyes and ive had sport bikes aswell last one was a rsv 1000 wich was good to.

What ever test you do, do it quick as the law changes big style soon.

A

Arnt you joing the army soon, if thats the case do your bike licence then get the army to pay for your car licence. then you can have both :p

Good luck with what ever you do mate.