• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But If I have Lessons before the end of the Month I won't have to worry about that?

Butch

All depends when you are going to do your test. If you're in no rush, you'd be better off doing lessons with an instructor to take into account the off-road section of the test. As I said, DAS won't matter to you because of your age, so it's up to you when you want to do your test. I'd personally try and get it done before the end of the month though, so you can sit the "easier" test, just ring an instructor and ask him can you do a quick assessment. If you're confident about your bike skills, you should fly through it :)

EDIT> Just seen your last post. Ever considered an XR400 w/ supermoto and enduro wheels? Pick em up for about £1500 on eBay.

Edited by Jayd

Good luck with it mate. There's hardly any spaces now for tests before the deadline, which is the end of the month. They're bringing in a higher price for the test aswell, will be £90.50 then, but only going up in October apparently.

hi mate ive rode a couple of supermoto style bikes!

wrf 250 great little bike plenty of power cheap insurance and if you get one a couple of years older not expensive to buy!

or have you thought of a motorcross bike converted to supermoto and then just have a day license?

all you need is indicators and back light! and the insurance is pennies as you only ride during the day!

suzuki rmz 250 would be a great supermoto on the road!

alb

bugz

hi mate ive rode a couple of supermoto style bikes!

wrf 250 great little bike plenty of power cheap insurance and if you get one a couple of years older not expensive to buy!

or have you thought of a motorcross bike converted to supermoto and then just have a day license?

all you need is indicators and back light! and the insurance is pennies as you only ride during the day!

suzuki rmz 250 would be a great supermoto on the road!

alb

bugz

Erm... Horn? And do you really need indicators? Good old hand signals?

na matey dont need a horn only inicators and back lights

a mate of mine got a yz125 on the road daytime mot

and daytime insurance hes 18 and paying just over £250

fully comp and its his first bike on the road i assure you

he aint got no horn on it!

i agree with that fully mate

even some classic bikes haven't got them

all i know is that when he mot'd it (and its 2005 model)

so the no mot for the first 3 years doesn't count anymore

he needed front and rear indicators a rear brake light

oh and he had to change from offroad tyres to the more

intermediate type on/offroad style?? i dont know if the

rules/law has changed but i been looking into the rmz250(supermoto)

road legal myself and im only going to change the same bits he has

as thats all our local bike mot centre asked for? its not really expensive

anyways!

na matey dont need a horn only inicators and back lights

on the road i assure you

If you have indicators (or any light) on the bike they MUST work correctly. However, the only mandatory light is a brake light.

Horns ('audible warning devices' I think they're referred as) are mandatory on all vehicles. Sadly you can't get away with a bulb horn any more.

Shame! :D

quick one for yah lad, supermoto's are shit on motorways, they are single cylinders and you will just vibrate the whole way. trust me ive done it enough on my supermoto. and other ones to.

they are best kept off the horrible straightg line of a motorway and stick to b roads, personlay i would rather take 30 mins longer going back way than down the motorway.

Ref MOT if the bike has indicators on then they must work for a mot but if they dont have them on the bike then it is ok. By law you must have a working brake light day or night. and for day time mot you dont need a front light.

the bike MUST have a working horn aswell.

Good luck and if yuo live nr me in surrey, then you can have a go on my supermoto. see what you think.

just bring around 3000 as insurance :p