pet shop boys

being a married man and working on a building site i overheard a conversation about the pet shop boys.

and i joined in saying where did the name come from

and then one of them said it was to do with a hamster from a pet shop and aglass tube

totaly shocked by this event i walked away and didnt here the end

did the hamster survive

and what was it ther for

thanks shina

I DO HOPE HE IS STILL ALIVE

Those stories remind me of the time I was fortunate enough to be invited to the "civil partnership" of winkhound and wilf, unfortunately the day was ruined when paramedics were called to the reception after Lucky got a 28" bull cross lodged in his small intestine................

LA Times News Story from 1997

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski, and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon', my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again,so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out the tubing, igniting Mr Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

that just had me and the missus, crying with laughter, I nearly had snot coming down my nose :clapper:

Those stories remind me of the time I was fortunate enough to be invited to the "civil partnership" of winkhound and wilf, unfortunately the day was ruined when paramedics were called to the reception after Lucky got a 28" bull cross lodged in his small intestine................

:clapper::clapper::clapper: Just spat Carling out on the screen,fookin class that S :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: Just spat Carling out on the screen,fookin class that S :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andy, it was no laughing matter, the bull cross never recovered from the trauma, to be fair though he had gone to ground inside Lucky to find a missing Syrian hamster............Wilf and winky nearly had to cancel the honeymoon to San Francisco...........