Woodburning stove with back boiler

Ive known people just drain them down and use as normal wood burner, but goto the manafacturers and check. Got one coming for me new house, second hand, and its been used the last few years disconnected from rads, Ill have it running a few rads though.

although mines only in the shed, it came off a tug boat, and has a back boiler, not connected, works out well, as the sides and back only get warm to the touch, due to the double skin, front and top throws out all the heat

post-5267-1234820045_thumb.jpg

either angle grind it so its open or the "trade" way is to fill it up with sand.... all it is a saftey thing of the water building up pressure. mine was drilled and all pipes removed and have run it for 5 years with no porbs.

To the experts,.

If the back boiler is drained and all pipe work left open would it be ok. Im asking as the one I have coming was previously used to run rads, but for last 2 years has been drained and left open.

Weekend should be ok but i'd have to come and show you and unlock the gates. The traps are still sat there where I put them when I dug them out mate. Saturday morning ok for you? I'll be working but thats where the logs are, a few hundred big ish trees so you'll need to cut the heads and roots off which will leave you with a 6 or 7ft log.