I don't drive yet so I'll ring me Local Butcher and Cycle up there to pick 'em up.. :thumbs: But cheers anyway.

I plan on feeding an extra Bone, Heart etc along with their usual food.

I take It you freeze It?

Butch

Yeah i freeze all the dog food. My guy delivers which is great, see how you get on with the butchers and if you decide to switch completely to raw and need the number send me a PM.

• 3 months later...

I never got round to doing this! :no:

I plan on going up there Tomorrow though to see what they've got for me.

I don't want to get a sh*t load In and then not know what to do with It all so I think I'll buy enough for one Meal a Day (they get fed twice) for a Week.

I'll start off with Her Normal Dry Food In the Morning and then Feed Her In the Evening with Raw :yes:

So It's Turkey Necks and any old Scraps of Meat? I plan on stripping It off the Bone and Feeding It like that.

Butch

Butch,i feed all my dogs(4) on butchers scraps for free,the ferrets as well and all butchers have to pay to get there off cuts and bones taken away.It costs them about £50 odd for a weeley bin full so anything that you can get from them saves them money,one of my butchers lets me sort through his bin for all the bits i want and another saves the off cuts in a seperate bag.Any large bones or off cuts you get you shouldn't pay to much for really and the larger bones you seem to be after you should get a rucksack full for a pound or two,tell them your young and skint and that you taking there waiste will save them money as well and if the butchers a good un you should be sorted very cheeply.Good luck.

One of my butchers buys in whole chickens and then takes the wings,legs and breasts off himself and i get the whats left,i get about 3 boxes a week of these,ask your's how they get there chicken in and ask for the left over carcasses.I sort all my meat into carrier bags enough for a days feeding then freeze them and defrost a bag a day,remember though it's saturday and he may be busy so hit him a bit later in the day when he's quiet and he'll have more time for you.

One of my butchers buys in whole chickens and then takes the wings,legs and breasts off himself and i get the whats left,i get about 3 boxes a week of these,ask your's how they get there chicken in and ask for the left over carcasses.I sort all my meat into carrier bags enough for a days feeding then freeze them and defrost a bag a day,remember though it's saturday and he may be busy so hit him a bit later in the day when he's quiet and he'll have more time for you.

:clapper: That's the way to do it.... :clapper:

I'm gunna go to the Butchers Tommora and get some Bones for the Bully..

I'll be feeding Raw obviously to avoid splintering etc.. I've heard not to get Leg Bones as they're Brittle?

What should I ask for? And how often shall I feed them?

I've got a 5 - 6 Month old Bully aswell, Is It safe to feed Him them aswell?

Cheers, Butch :thumbs:

Just be carefull [bANNED TEXT] giving dogs that are kenneld together bones as serious fights can break out over them.atvb
I'm gunna go to the Butchers Tommora and get some Bones for the Bully..

I'll be feeding Raw obviously to avoid splintering etc.. I've heard not to get Leg Bones as they're Brittle?

What should I ask for? And how often shall I feed them?

I've got a 5 - 6 Month old Bully aswell, Is It safe to feed Him them aswell?

Cheers, Butch :thumbs:

Just be carefull [bANNED TEXT] giving dogs that are kenneld together bones as serious fights can break out over them.atvb

:clapper: Good point....