hares in the snow.....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest traceyg
Over the past two days i had been out in the snow taking quite a large amount of photos of various critters, but mainly hares. Managed to get lucky and photograph at least a dozen hares at very close range (10m-) and ended up with some quite decent pics.

One the phone with my old mate Tim yesterday and he was moaning how he can't get near hares, and i don't think he believed me when i told him i was watching three in their seats as i spoke on the mobile to him....lol so i invited him over today for a rake about.....

i guess we must have been lucky for i think he managed 140+ shots of at least 15 different individual hares, some as close as 5 yards!!

he also took a few pics of me approaching hares. All in all a top day and some great pics for Tim.....and he believes me now!!

heres a couple of pics.....not the best ones though!!!lol :clapper::clapper:

well mr d your chat talk don't impress me much :whistling: but your photographs do well done great pics :notworthy:

Aint you got nothing better to do :clapper: Only joking of course .Spent a frustrating day with a young mate trying to explain that you dont have to kill everything to appreciate it .Saw plenty of deer today but not one presented a pic .Hares very conspicuous by their absence today but did get a pic of a coney in hedge in no rush to go to ground .

stalking016ye8.jpg

Edited by foxdropper
Wow, they are good pics :)

How do you get the exposure on the hare so good and still keep a bit of detail in the snow?

They are all cracking shots.

over expose but 1 1/2 stops.

but it also helps of you are very close to the subject.

thankfully i manage to stumble right in amongst them....