Whats the one for you?

I love spring rifles, but when looking at some the other day, I was indeed only looking at some! The last time I bought a rifle was 1997 and Pre-charged were quite common then, but surely some other shooters must be like me and love a good old fashioned springer?

I currently own am Airarms Pro Sport, which is still doing the rounds I see.

I love spring rifles, but when looking at some the other day, I was indeed only looking at some! The last time I bought a rifle was 1997 and Pre-charged were quite common then, but surely some other shooters must be like me and love a good old fashioned springer?

I currently own am Airarms Pro Sport, which is still doing the rounds I see.

Can't beat the good old springers, they absolutely cannot be replaced.

PCP has its applications, but a springer relies on elbow grease and you supplying it with slugs.

you just cant possibly learn to shoot with a PCP, like i have said previously, it doesnt have the zest or the appeal to young shooters that a spring gun does.

feel the kick, follow the shot until target, thats how i was taught.

i think springers are still by far in the lead when it comes to the choice for a first rifle.

bsa lightning xl is the bet springer i've ever used! i have never used a pcp. springers are powerful enough to take all airgun game, so why switch to pcp? sure pcp's have magazines for multipul shots. but yo only get 200 shots for every time you recharge. springers don't run out of power and if you have a good enough shot to take down animal in 1 shot then why do you need a mag? springers RULE

pigeon plucker

I would never go back to a spring powered gun ever, but may consider a gas ram. As for the above post saying about 200 shots :lol: Just get a Rapid and have more shots than any other rifle in the market place. I'm getting 500 shots per fill with my Rapid in .177.

If the springer was the only choice I had then it would be a Weirauch of sorts as they bomb proof rifles and very accurate for a springer......

bsa lightning xl is the bet springer i've ever used! i have never used a pcp. springers are powerful enough to take all airgun game, so why switch to pcp? sure pcp's have magazines for multipul shots. but yo only get 200 shots for every time you recharge. springers don't run out of power and if you have a good enough shot to take down animal in 1 shot then why do you need a mag? springers RULE

pigeon plucker

Well I agree with you both. I think its a shame to have so few on the market these days. I do have a rat catcher, which is fun, but my Pro sport (although a different beast) is just so much more fun. PCP's IMO take away most of what is or was involved in shooting. Plus with a magazine you get used to having more than that one shot, which IMO means your less accurate.

The one other thing that REALLY bugs me, is the loss of good old fashioned sights!! We don't all want a scope.

I would never go back to a spring powered gun ever, but may consider a gas ram. As for the above post saying about 200 shots :lol: Just get a Rapid and have more shots than any other rifle in the market place. I'm getting 500 shots per fill with my Rapid in .177.

If the springer was the only choice I had then it would be a Weirauch of sorts as they bomb proof rifles and very accurate for a springer......

you thats why the s type comes with bi pod as its simply to heavy to carry.

not much difference with springers and gas rams and ive used smoother springers out the box.

bsa lightning xl tactical but silencer is rubbish.

imo the best all round gun for the money and puts guns twice the price to shame and these guns last for llife and can be gas rammed.

I recently added a lightning to my pcps and i have had rapids,daystate,hw100 ive had most rifles and the best pcp for the money is the s10 that is sadly dis continued for a pig of a rifle the r10,apparently it can make nice hot toast in the field but i dont like the idea of a toaster built into my rifle lol.

got to say daystate are good accurate rifles but again i choose the super10 over all.

theobens/riplys are over priced and the price of some of these springers are un real,bsa ultra and s200 money so with out doubt there will be a end to springers in the future for that reason alone.

i here peole who started out with pcps slag springer for certain reasons and the answer is they dont know how to shoot them threw being so use to pcps.

long live springers and both will have a place in my cupboard but not if the price of springers keeps rising im affraid.

pigeon plucker

Well I agree with you both. I think its a shame to have so few on the market these days. I do have a rat catcher, which is fun, but my Pro sport (although a different beast) is just so much more fun. PCP's IMO take away most of what is or was involved in shooting. Plus with a magazine you get used to having more than that one shot, which IMO means your less accurate.

The one other thing that REALLY bugs me, is the loss of good old fashioned sights!! We don't all want a scope.

we aint lost good old fashion sight's, well up here any way "all the shops sell match's"

pmsl :clapper:

currently own a custom HW95 and i don;t think i'll ever part with it. i even sold my falcon raptor after this was finished as i prefer the HW. its cost me pcp money though! :icon_redface: at least it never runs out of air! :D

well i had a hw97, a month ago that i had for 6/7 months, 20/25 years ago i had a bsa super sport, just swapped the 97 for a falcon fn12 sw, i'm not a big shooter at all, in fact i'm not big,,but i think the younger shooters should try a springer first though,( but they wont,,,,,i wouldn't) but the differance i found with a pcp is FOOOOOOOOOK, so i must have been average with a springer, as the falcon that i have is not the best in the world, we all no that, but good enough for me for my first pcp, ;)

i started with a springer when i was 8 and always had open sights, kept the same gun for 22 years and could hit a garden cane at 25-30 yards more often than not. i picked up a webley stingray with a cheap simmonds scope and ive just bought a hw100 a few months ago. i love the hw, does just what i want it to and its so easy to shoot. i'll never sell my first springer as its far too much fun and my son will learn to shoot with it as imo you cant shoot unless you can shoot a springer.

Guest air gunner

This post has changed my mind slightly i was very close to buying a falcon fn12 to replace my supersport but have now read this im big on hunting woodys and rabbits i cant decide do i buy the falcon?! 200 shots pump up again and your off whats wrong with that? HELP what do i do?

This post has changed my mind slightly i was very close to buying a falcon fn12 to replace my supersport but have now read this im big on hunting woodys and rabbits i cant decide do i buy the falcon?! 200 shots pump up again and your off whats wrong with that? HELP what do i do?

you won't be getting any 200 shots out of an fn12 in between fills!more like 40!! i've had a few and thats there one big let down.