Whats the one for you?

i had a springer years ago a bsa lightining it was loud every rabbit for 100 yards legged it i found if you did miss they would normally be gone by the time id recocked then loaded shut the barrel ...

now older having had along time away from the sport i have had 8 months with a mk3 bbk superten and well hunting is great i get so much more kills and its so silent ... i can shoot one rabbit some will still stay in shooting distance for me to bag another .... wished id bought a pcp years ago ....

still like the springer for back garden fun

i had a springer years ago a bsa lightining it was loud every rabbit for 100 yards legged it i found if you did miss they would normally be gone by the time id recocked then loaded shut the barrel ...

now older having had along time away from the sport i have had 8 months with a mk3 bbk superten and well hunting is great i get so much more kills and its so silent ... i can shoot one rabbit some will still stay in shooting distance for me to bag another .... wished id bought a pcp years ago ....

still like the springer for back garden fun

dont you think your over egsadurating slightly with 100 yards My springer only seems to bother the rabbits iv shot when im hunting

Had a HW80k (still have it) then got a second hand logun solo. I would say the only advanatge of the pcp is that without the recoil of a springer, you can rest it on stuff ie a bipod, wall etc, and have a steadier shot for slightly longer range stuff. 30 yards used to be a fairly hard shot for me on a rabbit just trying to hold steady on it(the hw is a heavy gun!) but now its dead easy be able to lean on stuff etc. Horses for courses really. A good quality springer is more fun in my mind but the PCP for clinical shooting.

Guest air gunner

Yep i know it is though because i have a field 100yrds long some bunnies live at one end and others at the other just past the fence if i shoot one at one end you can see the ones at the other run down their holes.

Yep i know it is though because i have a field 100yrds long some bunnies live at one end and others at the other just past the fence if i shoot one at one end you can see the ones at the other run down their holes.

Then you need to try using a silencer, :thumbs: answers one of your other threads, :whistling: and if they still run you would have proved that for you the silencer on a springer aint no good, :icon_eek:

ATB,

Rob.

I prefer springers. Mine is a Weihrauch hw57 it cost me 200 pounds. It has open sights so i used them rather than buy a scope. After a bit of practice I could get inch groups to about 25 yards so I made that my maximum range and shot lots of rabbits, pigeons, rats, crows a couple of hares and some stoats and weasels. Great sport all for 200 pounds. Say I buy a PCP for 400 pounds, I then have to buy 100 pounds of charging kit. They don't usually have open sights so I have to buy a scope and mounts another 100 pounds! 600 pounds! 3 times the price. I don't think I would shoot three times as much so why bother?

Edited by Edgar
I love spring rifles, but when looking at some the other day, I was indeed only looking at some! The last time I bought a rifle was 1997 and Pre-charged were quite common then, but surely some other shooters must be like me and love a good old fashioned springer?

I currently own am Airarms Pro Sport, which is still doing the rounds I see.

love my springer's but my situation with springer's is this " I wont pay pcp money for a springer".

And i recon the price's of springer's are going to be the fall of them in the future.

Even the price's of used one's are more then certain pcp's new.

example,seen a hw97 scoped with bag 275 and then ive seen a bsa ultra multi shot with scope bagged for 250?or i could buy a new single shot bsa ultra for 250?

makes no sense.

I do luv my springer's but there is no way I will pay pcp money for a springer.

I love spring rifles, but when looking at some the other day, I was indeed only looking at some! The last time I bought a rifle was 1997 and Pre-charged were quite common then, but surely some other shooters must be like me and love a good old fashioned springer?

I currently own am Airarms Pro Sport, which is still doing the rounds I see.

love my springer's but my situation with springer's is this " I wont pay pcp money for a springer".

And i recon the price's of springer's are going to be the fall of them in the future.

Even the price's of used one's are more then certain pcp's new.

example,seen a hw97 scoped with bag 275 and then ive seen a bsa ultra multi shot with scope bagged for 250?or i could buy a new single shot bsa ultra for 250?

makes no sense.

I do luv my springer's but there is no way I will pay pcp money for a springer.

were the scopes the same spec? there are plenty of scoped 97's about for 200 or so. and the build quality is better than any ultra....plus you don;t need to buy a pump/bottle if you bought the 97.