Pie bred dogs.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that the Pye line dogs tended to be black and white in colour? Not that colour makes a hoot of difference.

Where are these lines now?, HOPEFULLY jealously guarded from peddlars and messers, , good thing perhaps they aren't freely available to all and sundry, or those lines might end up being diluted and the name used to sell more pups.

Keep them well looked after and worked hard boys wherever you may be, thats the only way.

Cheers

WAB :victory:

straight out of pye, 15odd year ago.

Was this dog out a pure bull or a half dog mate?

• 2 weeks later...
pie was a strait pit.from ireland.top dog.the fella put him over a working greyhound i had 3pups a ver few years ago.still got the lines.really good dogs :notworthy:

strait pit :wacko: get a grip

Is it possible that there was a full bull and a bull greyhound called Pie?

pie was a strait pit.from ireland.top dog.the fella put him over a working greyhound i had 3pups a ver few years ago.still got the lines.really good dogs :notworthy:

strait pit :wacko: get a grip

Is it possible that there was a full bull and a bull greyhound called Pie?

It's possible but the half cross Pie dog from Wigan was known in most parts of the country by lads who kept the same type. Lots of talk amongst folk and one thing changes to another.... maybe???

Also, Pie was practically used as an open stud for a while and he lined all sorts, mostly to the detriment of his name.