i need some help so could some one enlighten me please

hi all i am going to apply for my fac in the next couple of weeks and i am struggling to find some land i have a few places in mind but i have been told that you can only have a certain number of guns allocated to the land so please could some one shed some light on the situation thanks alot o :hmm: llie

i dont think there is a limit but do you really want to shoot on a piece of ground that is crawling with other shooters , think of the safety implications i personaly only take on farms where i am the only firearms user i dont mind dogs airguns or ferrets but no other rifles and everyone must phone the farmer before they set out that way if i call in i know if there is anyone out, also there is less chance of getting the blame for someone elses carelessness if a poor shot is taken,and the farmer is advised to contact police immediately if no one has called in and he sees a lamp or hears a shot .

My land has a few who DID use it for their fac, but most of them have not been seen since. Not a mention from the FEO though, so i think they moved on or lapsed.

SS, are you going to expand on "Yes"?

Edited by Fidgety
My land has a few who DID use it for their fac, but most of them have not been seen since. Not a mention from the FEO though, so i think they moved on or lapsed.

SS, are you going to expand on "Yes"?

I shall if you want me to :yes:

You can have as many people as you want, apply for their FAC on a particular piece of ground. There's no law with a maximum number of applicants.

But as has been mentioned, the safety aspects are one thing to consider and if the land is registered against many closed FAC's the FEO may think twice about approving the land for your FAC, due to the amount of shooters already using it.

You will need to ask the landowner what the arrangement is with the current users of the ground. For instance, do they have to ring him before they go out? If so, you should always do the same.

SS :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

You should be ok, but it is worth considering if there will be others shooting at the same time. If you tell your FEO that you all have to ring the farmer before you shoot that will ease him up a bit on the safety side of things. That is their only worry really, having more than one shooter on the ground at a time. If they know you have a good system in place to prevent that then there's no danger to anyone.