about ten years ago we was walking some dikes out with the terrier an it flew to ground 14 foot an baying strong .we only had one shovel so we raced home to get a bit off man power then went back .it was still in the same place so we started digging an dig we did. we finally broke threw to find no dog but it was still locating so we had a dig about a bit only to find the locater off the collar(deben).it had been chewed off the collar .we was gutted to say the least.no sight or sound off the dog so we went home sick.a week later my mate seen his dog in the local paper in the found section .the old ladie said she thought it had been fighting with another dog .just another tale from my many days out with tony foston R.I.P MATE always thinking about you

Edited by REAL DEAL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoneToGround1
a dig i had afew years back nearly ten foot. weird story dog dog enterd a single hole earth on a bank side gave her 20 mins then got a nock at 3ft ! nice one me thinks started to dig broke through to nothing box on again 3ft still same spot dug again broke through again nothing there whats happening here ? box on 4 ft same spot ! after a couple of foot it all caved in so i hurried along to find the bitch below suffocating but made it in time lifted bitch cleared out expecting to find a dead fox under the collapsed earth wrong! couldnt find a tube never mind a fox anyway dropped bitch in dig to see what she made of it couple a mins scrating about and shes found a tube tiny rabbit bolthole size stuck up a stick couple a foot and BANG! there he was opened up to a nice little vixen which we let run ! thats hunting for you ya never know this earth had 3 tiers you would have never guessed regards ryeuken

time for the bucket there pal glad you had the dog and fox out and nice to see you let her run. bet you dont want to dig that place again in a hurry :whistling:

hi lads what is the deepest digs you have had the pleasure of been on ?mine was 9/10 foot to some of you lads this will be nothing and almost laughable ,i look forward to seeing some of yours and hopefully they were happy endings in my case it wasn't .i'l try dig the pics off my camera if the wife dint delete them ha all the best PTP.

paul if you what to dig 9/10foot i have got a big back garden :victory::victory:

you have lost me pal?????

Just thought i'd post these pics, first one is of a 9ft we had to finish off last season. The second one is of a 10ft we had through sand stone took 5 hours to dig with a few collapses along the way. Very dangerous when we hit a layer of sand then hard as feck when you hit the rock!

CIMG1915-Copy.jpg

CIMG0515.jpg

Cheers,

BB

f**k! thay are some massive digs guys, the deepest we have is about 2 and a half foot, were luckey. but once it was just me and ben ( friend with terrier) we dug down soodeep we didnt evan reach the dog or the tubes, we gave up. called the dog out, and sat a net on the hole, we knew we were ontop of the fox so he stood above the net and i jumped up and down oin the hole we both dug. it came out :D

but wouldnt classify it as a dig cus we didnt reach out game..

Edited by victor

many moons back a mate of a mate you know the ones big terrier man done loads (bullshitter) invited us along with him on his so called permission when i picked him up he produced a westie and tryed to introduce it to my pack of russells didnt go down well so gets to the place on the wirral so i said do we not have to tell the farmer your here and he informed me he didnt need to know not happy any way we had a drive and a look found a house and me being cocky went and knocked the door and asked permission the farmer was happy as it was lambing time and even took us to aset of holes so i gets the collar on my most reliable russel and sends him in 10 mins go by and you can just here him so i i get him pin pointed and wait after 20 mins i start digging the locator says 10 feet im thinking here we go the farmer then informs me its all shingle down there it will be hard going and boy it was me and my mate took turns in 3hrs we had only got 4 feet and the other boy just stood and watched you know the famous bad back i was starting to worry about the dog he had been down a long time but i could still hear him it was starting to get dark and cold that time of year well we went for 16 feet in the end it took 2 of 14 hours we even sent our idiot pal to borrow the gas lights of the roadworks on the motorway (of course we put them back) so we could see it was a result we got vixen and cubs and the dog had held them there all the time not a mark on him we had a kip in the barn before going home i was fecked we never took that boy again