should I tell the truth?

For his honesty I think he deserves a FREE pup.Anyone having problems selling /finding decent people to take on their well bred litter could do worse by giving this chap a pup.Great to see a straight talking person for once.I have found to my peril that what people say and what they actually think are two totally different things.BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR ADVENTURE MATE.

I'm wondering if you guys woud sell me a dog if I told you the truth about my knowledge and abilities?

I own a 6 month old lakiex which I am in the process of training to do bushing when I am out walking. He's coming along great, and I would like to add a small lurcher to give myself the chance of actually catching something rather than see it dissapear into the distance.

I've made up my mind to leave it until the summer so that terrier is properly traained before getting the new pup.

I know very little about lurchers, though I did go lamping with a few guys a few years ago for a while, so I'm not a total novice.

I have no permission, but walk a local common that is heathland that holds a lot of rabbits, and do own ferrets that I could use.

I suppose my point is that I could offer a dog a good home, training, plenty of excercise but couldn't guarantee lots of work mainly because I don't have the experience yet to get him in range of prey.

Would you consider selling to me? Or would you say no chance.

Let me add I'm 50, so not some young kid who buys dogs on a whim, I've only had 3 dogs in the last 30 odd years so it's not going to be advertised in 12 months as "just needs bringing on" like so many I see in the for sale section.

Tom.

Good post mate, take your time no rush, decide what you want it for, then decide on the type, just rabbits your small cross will do, working whippet, bed/whip, collie/whip, I have an ACDx grey/whip only 21 inch, if you want bigger type for other game ?, then go for a larger, grey/bed, collie/grey or a mix of crosses, do you want to train it to good standard or just somethng to slip and catch ?, pick something with a bit of brain to train.

, Never to old to work a dog or give it a good home, my pup is 12 month, Im pushing 57, had them for years, go for it let us know how you get on, good luck.

I'm already decided on type I think, the land i walk is full of brambles and gorse, so a beddy whippet would be my ideal from what i've read on here.

I will only be interested in rabbits and rats, so a small dog with a rough coat will be perfect, plus I'm already thinking of the time I get caught and don't want anyone able to accuse me of being after the few deer that are around :icon_redface: Other dog walkers tell me there are none but I see their tracks and scat almost every time I go out, though I've never seen the animals themselves.

I want to train it to the best standad I can, though obviously I'm not expecting to be able to teach it to be a perfect lurcher, I would be the biggest hurdle to that, but I don't want just a sight hound.

Thanks for all the replies, after seeing some of the flack people have been given on here I was a bit wary of poking my nose over the fence! lol

Tom.

I'm wondering if you guys woud sell me a dog if I told you the truth about my knowledge and abilities?

I own a 6 month old lakiex which I am in the process of training to do bushing when I am out walking. He's coming along great, and I would like to add a small lurcher to give myself the chance of actually catching something rather than see it dissapear into the distance.

I've made up my mind to leave it until the summer so that terrier is properly traained before getting the new pup.

I know very little about lurchers, though I did go lamping with a few guys a few years ago for a while, so I'm not a total novice.

I have no permission, but walk a local common that is heathland that holds a lot of rabbits, and do own ferrets that I could use.

I suppose my point is that I could offer a dog a good home, training, plenty of excercise but couldn't guarantee lots of work mainly because I don't have the experience yet to get him in range of prey.

Let me add I'm 50, so not some young kid who buys dogs on a whim, I've only had 3 dogs in the last 30 odd years so it's not going to be advertised in 12 months as "just needs bringing on" like so many I see in the for sale section.

Tom.

If I had a litter I would snatch your hand off.!

Guest anonymous

Tom.

Don't shoot yourself down... You sound as if you have more experience than half the so called experts on here :icon_eek: If I was in the puppy trade, I'd sell you a dog... You won't need to wait long to find a pup on here right enough... :big_boss:

if i bred pups that would suit you i would honestly give it too you fella as id rather a good home and be out a few quid as get money and hear in a few weeks or months it was in the dog home or the dealers, fair play to you the honesty approach will get you further :notworthy:

well i got pups here thanks to time wasters and if you came to wales id give it you for the cost of the jabs .

Thanks a lot for the offer, but as i said earlier I want to give it my best shot at training my lakie to a decent standard, I'd just knacker both pups if I had one now. Another 2-3 months and I reckon I'll be ready, then i'll ask again. By the way, I didn't mean to come across as a sponger, I'll gladly pay the going rate for a good pup.

In the meantime I'll just carry on lurking and reading as much as I can.

Thanks to eveeryone again, Tom

Guest night time my time

it aint an honest home thats hard to find mate, its an honest breeder that be would, unless you know people you could end up with any ol thing,i breed a litter now and agian(collie types)to keep my line going and cause i work a few dogs most days or nights and i tell you know theres some f*****g bullshitters out there that would sell you proper shit mate, and on here!!!, :censored:

Tom.

from the sound of that I'd probably give you a dog! can't believe the number of dog swappers on here.