Bloodlines before working ability… sometimes!?

id personally rather have the tested one, although there related they might not be carrying the same ingrediants.

I agree mate, genetically speaking siblings may be less close than cousins on occasion, so breeding for type from an underpreforming brother/ sister would be taking a big chance

i dont know enough about hounds to give a honest answer, for lurcher breeding i would not do it , but if it was a greyhound bitch from say a litter of 6 who was average while the rest were top open class with a derby dog in there and she was from a good dam line full of open winners yes id have her and breed from her no probs. :good:

This is a fair point mate

If an entire line was saturated with top class dogs then it would be far less of a chance to breed from a non working member, if however you were just trying to reproduce one good dogs attributes from a possibly genetically distant sibling then i still beleive it would not e worth the risk