ferreting today

well managed to get out today, we didn't get the bag we hoped for but managed 11. had some tough ferreting tho, around silage bale,s under logs, around farm building etc. the dogs managed to bag the first just minutes after arriving.

we stayed around the farm for about 3 hours and bagged 4 bunnies,the farmer had asked use to do a bit round there as they put holes in the plastic wrapper around the bales .we then had a spot of lunch and made our way up the land where we have never been, this land is newish to us, so took a while to find the holes. couldn't find any big warrens, the ones we ferreted were only holding 1 or 2. the first of which resulted in a shallow dig of about a foot and a half. although the finder said 3.5.!!! going to change batteries for tomorrow's trip. at least now we know some of the land which will make it easier next time.i think alot of the rabbits are living in the walls, as the dogs marked a few in them but were impossible to retrieve, they have been left for another day. any way these are a few pics of today. hope we get a bit more action in the morning, weather depending, it's bloody wild here!!!!!!!!

post-14290-1232220891_thumb.jpg

post-14290-1232220925_thumb.jpg

post-14290-1232220991_thumb.jpg

well managed to get out today, we didn't get the bag we hoped for but managed 11. had some tough ferreting tho, around silage bale,s under logs, around farm building etc. the dogs managed to bag the first just minutes after arriving.

we stayed around the farm for about 3 hours and bagged 4 bunnies,the farmer had asked use to do a bit round there as they put holes in the plastic wrapper around the bales .we then had a spot of lunch and made our way up the land where we have never been, this land is newish to us, so took a while to find the holes. couldn't find any big warrens, the ones we ferreted were only holding 1 or 2. the first of which resulted in a shallow dig of about a foot and a half. although the finder said 3.5.!!! going to change batteries for tomorrow's trip. at least now we know some of the land which will make it easier next time.i think alot of the rabbits are living in the walls, as the dogs marked a few in them but were impossible to retrieve, they have been left for another day. any way these are a few pics of today. hope we get a bit more action in the morning, weather depending, it's bloody wild here!!!!!!!!

post-14290-1232221327_thumb.jpg

post-14290-1232221353_thumb.jpg

Nice one Chez, got to help the farmer out sometimes, even if it means tough going! :thumbs: What version is the little black dog you have?

he's a 9 year old Russel cross heeler. he's a good little marker with the hart of a lion. can't wait for next season ,then I'll be training my beddy whippet pup , should be a good edition to the team!! just got back from todays outng, , we bolted a few to the gun , 5 in total , 1 phesant,and a partrige. i'll get a pic up later,.