Ferret Finder Mk3

well i was out on sunday with the ferret with my new mk3 ferret finder i went a bought (its grey and black, a thought the mk3 was orange and black but anyway ) soo a try it and its saying the ferret is miles from me then a move over a bit and its back at a hole :icon_eek: so a say thats ok its moveing but then a move it to locate and its saying the ferret is at 16+ feet and am like ,hold on a min here :icon_eek: then a feel the ground moveing at my feet the ferret had hold of the rabbit right at the hole a was like that cant be right it told me it was at 16+ feet a min ago :icon_eek:

this is my first time useing a finder any help would be helpfull :victory:

a got 6 rabbits tht day :notworthy:

thanks very muchh

ALAN TANNOCKK

mk3's come in both colours, if the lights are all over the place, the fert is moving, therefore no need to use the locator, it should'ent even come out of your pocket, untill the fert hasent shown for a good 30 minutes, its no good flicking over beore the led's have gone all the way down to the bottom of the scale, dont forget to use the pin point button, its there for a reason, not volume control,

mk3's come in both colours, if the lights are all over the place, the fert is moving, therefore no need to use the locator, it should'ent even come out of your pocket, untill the fert hasent shown for a good 30 minutes, its no good flicking over beore the led's have gone all the way down to the bottom of the scale, dont forget to use the pin point button, its there for a reason, not volume control,

thanks mate al keep that in mind :)

thanks mate al keep that in mind :)

you got it pretty much covred now

i got my mk3 finder last week and after posting on here and asking questions and having a good play around with it i have finally mastered it, i think!

i found out if the batteries are not in the right way and fully in you do get odd readings, so make sure its fully working before you put one of the team down.

sounds sad but i put the collar in the other room, close my eyes and use the finder to locate it, using the sound of the bleeps and using the pin point switch. i can now find it quiet easily.

all the best

tony

alright al try it when am next out a hid the coller from my dad in the other room and told him to go and find it this was before i went out but i will keep at it

I WAS WOUNDERING MY MK3 IS THE MAGNET SWITCH OFF AND ON ONE DO USES TURN THE COLLER OFF AFTER A WARREN OR KEEP IT ON AT ALL TIME THANKS

alan tannnockkk

Switch on the collar when you start and don't switch it off until you're packing up to go home.

I used to switch it off between warrens but then entered my ferrets and forgot to switch it back on again. At most you're only saving 5 minutes battery time which is hardly worth worrying about.