i know a guy who has started his patts on rats at 10 weeks old ,and he keeps no shit dogs in his yard .full stop .but me i start mine at 4 months old ,they are plenty big enough and if the dog has any thing bred in it, it will do the rat after first seeing the rat in a cage for a few mins ,wind the dog up a bit first and watch it go :D

Guest MOLLY
6 months onwards [bANNED TEXT] as they r better to work with their adult teeth, dogs can do it ealier but risk damage as their teeth arnt strong enough :good:

:good:

Plus it depends upon your dogs temprement, some dogs bitten at an early age may shy away when older.

MOLL.

Ive started pups as soon as they are jabbed up...on the other end of the scale i have started dogs as old as 10 months...my own Lakeland was killing them real young, and is the best rat dog i have ever had...but her sister didnt fancy a look at it until much later, and she is more than likely a much better ratting dog than mine...i would wait until you think they are ready, then give them another month to make sure!..lol...why ruin a young dog on summat as silly as a few months?...be patient, and only good things will come!....good luck mate!.

Kye..

Ive started pups as soon as they are jabbed up..

Get real pinnochio.

you can if you jab em at 12wks

3 months old,another pinnochio.Why the hell try a dog before its got its adult teeth .The standard of dogmen on here is reaching an all time low .

Guest MOLLY

Ive started pups as soon as they are jabbed up..

Get real pinnochio.

I think you will find she did :yes:

briccarat1.jpg

briccaferrets.jpg

briccapuprat.jpg

Whether Kye was right or wrong.....only he knows. But he has a cracking bitch who appears to have no fear of anything.

MOLL.

Brilliant post Oneredtrim :good:

MOLL.