Prince Charles at it now

Prince Charles has become the latest member of the Royal Family to be embroiled in a race row after it was reported he calls an Asian friend "Sooty".

The development comes a few days after his son Harry was widely condemned for calling a former Army colleague by an offensive name.

Charles has apparently been referring to Polo club friend Kolin Dhillon by the nickname Sooty for years.

Mr Dhillon is said to be "comfortable" with his moniker but Graham Smith, campaign manager for the organisation Republic, said: "I think it goes to show the Royal Family are not a symbol of unity, it's not something we can rally around, they're quite divisive.

"People are saying they are not racist but on the evidence in the public domain I think that's to the contrary.

"It also shows how hugely out of touch they are and that they live in a very isolated world, only mixing with a certain kind of person."

When asked about Charles' use of the nickname Sooty both Clarence House and Cirencester Polo Club declined to comment

The guy obviously doesnt give a shit, Press must be strugling for news even with so much going on in the world. :angry::angry:

Edited by Sako.243

by definition they are racist. Selective breeding, elitism etc etc

But Im missing something here, how does the name Sooty imply racist intent, I dont see a connection?

Stories like this only through more fuel on the fire when it comes to recruiting fundamentalist yobs to head out to the training camps and then return in a couple of years with a sneaky backpack and video message back at the flat.

when we were kids,my dad had an indian mate. when my sister(only 4 or 5 at the time)first met him,she pointed out how he was "lightly toasted"!!!!everyone thought it was hilarious!!and the nick name stuck,after that evryone used to call him by it! :D

I have known "Sooty" for years, he has been called it since he was a child. I havn't seen him for a few years now, but he used to refer to himself as Sooty - so where is the problem??

did he have a friend called sue? :D