Size 7.5 28g for pigeons dont let no one else tell you different.

Each to their own but a 7.5 28g is a clay cartridge to me...I am much happier with a 5 or 6 (depends on the time of year) and 30-32...also a much better option in my book for rabbit as well, which I understand the gun may be used for! :thumbs:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like 4's for rabbit. They don't figgit afterwards and not so much lead to be extracting.

If your in bridgwater, go towards highbridge and before the texaco garage is a place that sells cheap guns called cottage guns. Nice bloke and very cheap guns. Would even do you a bouble barrel for £25.

I like 4's for rabbit. They don't figgit afterwards and not so much lead to be extracting.

If your in bridgwater, go towards highbridge and before the texaco garage is a place that sells cheap guns called cottage guns. Nice bloke and very cheap guns. Would even do you a bouble barrel for £25.

seriously that little if its not a stupid question does he make any money?

All secondhand and he gets by on what he does. He does not have any over heads so can keep his prices low.

Not a bad price for a gun if you want to shoot steel through it might last a season. If your lucky .

Edited by mandog
All secondhand and he gets by on what he does. He does not have any over heads so can keep his prices low.

Not a bad price for a gun if you want to shoot steel through it might last a season. If your lucky .

?? what does that mean? are they all shit?

Well if your after a cheap gun and £100 to spend and then you want to shoot some ducks. Then save your money buy a gun for £25 and shoot duck because there both will get damaged sooner or later. Because a gun to shoot steel shot will set you back a bit more.

Well if your after a cheap gun and £100 to spend and then you want to shoot some ducks. Then save your money buy a gun for £25 and shoot duck because there both will get damaged sooner or later. Because a gun to shoot steel shot will set you back a bit more.

i dont wanna shoot duck unless the opertunity ariises what kind does he do?

Listen mate

dont take this the wrong way but given the type of questions you are asking it sounds like you are a real beginner.

Who are you going to be shooting with?

Do you currently help on an established shoot? If not I think you need the experience of that before you think about applying for a shotgun licence.

I think you need to join something like BASC young shots programme and get involved in some of there free/discounted days out. Contact Jamie Scott at the South West office. I say this as you look a few years younger than me in your photo.

If you get involved in an established shoot, the BASC programme or visit some clay pigeon shooting clubs you will soon find out by trying a few, which gun it is you want/need and have the confidence to know which cartridges to try for different situations.

Apologies if all of this is not welcome but it sounds like you need to take a few paces backwards

Best wishes

T

Listen mate

dont take this the wrong way but given the type of questions you are asking it sounds like you are a real beginner.

Who are you going to be shooting with?

Do you currently help on an established shoot? If not I think you need the experience of that before you think about applying for a shotgun licence.

I think you need to join something like BASC young shots programme and get involved in some of there free/discounted days out. Contact Jamie Scott at the South West office. I say this as you look a few years younger than me in your photo.

If you get involved in an established shoot, the BASC programme or visit some clay pigeon shooting clubs you will soon find out by trying a few, which gun it is you want/need and have the confidence to know which cartridges to try for different situations.

Apologies if all of this is not welcome but it sounds like you need to take a few paces backwards

Best wishes

T

no its a fair point i didnt know you could do such a thing , a have shot clays a few times and i have watched when out with mates but i will look into it, would i need a licence to shoot my mates gun with him?

no its a fair point i didnt know you could do such a thing , a have shot clays a few times and i have watched when out with mates but i will look into it, would i need a licence to shoot my mates gun with him?

It all depends, if he has t he shooting rights for the land, that means he has the "legal right" to shoot the land either becaise he has a lease or written permission or he owns the land and the shooting rights, then yes you can shoot his weapon under his supervision, but I think there is a minimum age.

If he only has verbal permission I am not so sure about it.

You could, if you so wished, join BASC young shots or a clay club and apply for a shotgun certificate with that in mind. I.e. fit aan approved cabinet and apply and state that you are getting into clay and game shooting but you want to be able to recieve tuition and practice before you buy anything, then you can use anyones gun at any time whether the place you are shooting has exemption for uncert shooters or not.

Its Jamie Stewart at BASC south west, not Jamie Scott. He is really a top bloke so I suggest you give them a call asap.

Best wishes

T

if money is an issue you would be better of with a single barrel you can pick them up for around £90-£150..........

is that any good though cos if you miss the first time your fecked ? how much is a double

i do alright with my grandads :angel:

what do you shoot and i suppose its good practise with only one shot

ive shot with that gun squrriels pigeons rabbits hares crows and pheasant :clapper: