Ultimate Fox Killing Lurcher.

Guest bezza

When I first started out out with lurchers a dog was valued for its pot filling abilities. A dog that could take the full spectrum of fur and feather was considered the ultimate working companion.

Nowadays the ultimate lurcher is seen as the most macho looking bullcross that can soak up punishment and slaughter foxes night after night and never get sickened.

The old quotation: "The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable."comes to mind.

We've lost our way a little. Give me a dog that can put meat on the table rather than a fighting dog/ running dog hybrid anytime.

Personally I'm sick to death of 16 year old morons posting sicko photos of their fox catches with dogs that would be better served hunting lions or some other larger game. The bull cross has done nothing for the general lurcher owner other than give us a bad name. Discuss.

PS. Insult me as much as you like but don't call me an anti, that is below the belt.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its some of the idiots that own them that give us a bad name, not the dog, and its not just bull crosses. Tarring everyone with the same brush is something that the antis do, because some jumped up yo

Posted Images

When I first started out out with lurchers a dog was valued for its pot filling abilities. A dog that could take the full spectrum of fur and feather was considered the ultimate working companion.

Nowadays the ultimate lurcher is seen as the most macho looking bullcross that can soak up punishment and slaughter foxes night after night and never get sickened.

We've lost our way a little. Give me a dog that can put meat on the table rather than a fighting dog/ running dog hybrid anytime.

Personally I'm sick to death of 16 year old morons posting sicko photos of their fox catches with dogs that would be better served hunting lions or some other larger game. The bull cross has done nothing for the general lurcher owner other than give us a bad name. Discuss.

PS. Insult me as much as you like but don't call me an anti, that is below the belt.

I know what your saying but times change! im sure the kids who are out there doin this at the mo will grow out of it.

Guest Countryboyo

Youve really landed yourself in it with this topic. Your bacically after saying that a lot of people and I mean A LOT on this site arent real hunters ?????? There are a lot of bull x owners on here and im sure theyl have something to say to this.

Oh and dont get me wrong, plenty will agree with you but will remain silent.

Its some of the idiots that own them that give us a bad name, not the dog, and its not just bull crosses. Tarring everyone with the same brush is something that the antis do, because some jumped up yobbo is posting pics of smashed up dogs with ripped to bits foxes or a cute little fawn with the dog next to it towering over it (there was one similar on here recently)they think that is the mentality of all hunters.

• Like 1

the bullx in my aviator put a full spectrum of fur & feather on not just my table but alot of my mates to & not meany birds got away from him he cought woodcock, phesant, partrige,& pigion on meany days & nights so dont joge a book by its cover. if you dont like them dont get one but dont go sterio typeing other breeds just becouse you dont like them becose that is below the belt. each to there own & most 16 year old dont have bullxs they have bottles of cider & stand out side shops lol. :clapper:

Guest miller1989

Weird!!! Come into fashion and dont dis a dog, i could say the same about you,MEAT you mean Rabbits,get a ferret and stop letting your dog crunch them up! You want a dog to take all quarry from Rats to Foxes widen your opotunities and wise up!

Nice thread

Guest miller1989

the bullx in my aviator put a full spectrum of fur & feather on not just my table but alot of my mates to & not meany birds got away from him he cought woodcock, phesant, partrige,& pigion on meany days & nights so dont joge a book by its cover. if you dont like them dont get one but dont go sterio typeing other breeds just becouse you dont like them becose that is below the belt. each to there own & most 16 year old dont have bullxs they have bottles of cider & stand out side shops lol. :clapper:

:clapper:

Spot on countryboyo. I think a lot of bull cross owners have masculinity hang ups and use their dogs to make up for their own inadequacies.

What the feck is the point of destroying a fox for no other purpose than posing with its carcass with the sort of dog more at home in a fighting pit?

Get a life bull cross owners and become genuine field sportsmen.

:o Dam it, i thought mine was a rarety being able to catch woodcock :laugh::laugh:

i agree totally with Labsnlurchers its not the dogs thats the prob its some of the feckin owners! There was a spate of newspaper articles about dead deer in some of the local papers, these morons were killing the deer and leaving the carcass hanging from a tree or in the middle of fields....Idiots the lot of them :angry:

Guest Countryboyo
Spot on countryboyo. I think a lot of bull cross owners have masculinity hang ups and use their dogs to make up for their own inadequacies.

What the feck is the point of destroying a fox for no other purpose than posing with its carcass with the sort of dog more at home in a fighting pit?

Get a life bull cross owners and become genuine field sportsmen.

Man i wouldnt say that all bull x owners have dogs for this reason. I wouldnt go taring them all with the same brush, there are plenty of genuine dog men with bull xs. I personally dont see why anyone would want more than 1/4bull in a lurcher???? maybe someone could enlighten me??? As for having a dog that is 3/4 bull, then I think these lads are attention seekers.