How many pups do you rekon she will have?

how many pups?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. dam 3/8 5/8 sire 1st cross

• 4 or less
    • more

during the pregnancy at how many weeks do you notice the biggest increase in size? my staffy is due in about 16 days and she isnt overly big but every time she eats she swells up. i have noticed an increase in her size and she has slowed up a bit. atb i dont want a big litter anyway as i only bred her as i want one of her pups.

many thanks

I normally notice a big change from the last 2 weeks. but this one still has 3 weeks left and looks like a barrel on legs! I think she is going to go early!

Good luck with your pups.

post-22007-1231114189_thumb.jpg

cheers, atb with your litter 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

during the pregnancy at how many weeks do you notice the biggest increase in size? my staffy is due in about 16 days and she isnt overly big but every time she eats she swells up. i have noticed an increase in her size and she has slowed up a bit. atb i dont want a big litter anyway as i only bred her as i want one of her pups.

many thanks

I normally notice a big change from the last 2 weeks. but this one still has 3 weeks left and looks like a barrel on legs! I think she is going to go early!

shes grown since i was at urs the other day guys!!! i reckon double fuigures now!!!

I know, she is massive, we have been away in the midlands for 24 hours and she has grown! I know the sires sister had 14 in her 1st litter with her old owner so maybe big litters are in the genes! 9 is the biggest we have ever had! Im prepared with the bottles and ill be getting some milk powder for dam and pups to give her a helping hand! Just hope we dont lose any :no:

spot there LNL , your bitch (niela) did have 14 pups . too many in our opinion thats why we culled 4 at birth , the bitch then culled 1 herself and went on to feed 9 healthy pups ...... my other half says next time he breeds a litter he will cull all except 2 for his own use ....... a question for you ??? will you cull any of the litter ???? for example ..... say if she has 10 or more ??? at the end of the day is it fair on the whole litter and the bitch to leave her struggle with feeding a large litter ??? how many pups did niela have on her last litter ??? sorry thats 3 questions lol :D

many thanks

shes grown since i was at urs the other day guys!!! i reckon double fuigures now!!!

I know, she is massive, we have been away in the midlands for 24 hours and she has grown! I know the sires sister had 14 in her 1st litter with her old owner so maybe big litters are in the genes! 9 is the biggest we have ever had! Im prepared with the bottles and ill be getting some milk powder for dam and pups to give her a helping hand! Just hope we dont lose any :no:

spot there LNL , your bitch (niela) did have 14 pups . too many in our opinion thats why we culled 4 at birth , the bitch then culled 1 herself and went on to feed 9 healthy pups ...... my other half says next time he breeds a litter he will cull all except 2 for his own use ....... a question for you ??? will you cull any of the litter ???? for example ..... say if she has 10 or more ??? at the end of the day is it fair on the whole litter and the bitch to leave her struggle with feeding a large litter ??? how many pups did niela have on her last litter ??? sorry thats 3 questions lol :D

Neila had 9 in her last litter.

I wont cull any, but i agree its not fair to let the litter and bitch struggle so if she has a big litter then i will be bottle feeding. Freinds of ours who are gamekeepers had a bitch in pup who died after a cesarean, they raised the whole litter themselves and all survived, its a big responsibilty but its one im willing to step up to if needs be although im sure alan will be stopping in the spare room for the duration of any bottle feeding lol!

why my comment deltle you now its true!!

what the hell are you on about mate, i never said delete the comment? you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. Not arguing about it, we own him we work him and we know him and there for we are qualified to pass judgment, come out and see him do his stuff then comment on his worth :)

what the hell are you on about mate, i never said delete the comment? you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. Not arguing about it, we own him we work him and we know him and there for we are qualified to pass judgment, come out and see him do his stuff then comment on his worth :)

but i dont under stand why you sold him and then got him back kind of stupid but work away!!! :clapper:

no if the dog was want i want then i wouldnt but if i did selll a dog it wouldnt be to knackers if i cared about the dog!!!its people like you breed stock for fun makes a lot of rubbish flying around!!! :angry:

I cant understand what your trying to say sorry, i dont send dogs to any knackers and i do care thats how come we got him back. he was the only dog of ours we have ever sold working and we did it because we felt we werent doing him justice so he went to south wales and now hes back but our situation is different now. We have had 4 dogs given to us to shoot because the owners didnt want them, i went out my way to find them homes and they went free to good home (to my parents actually). I have gone out of my way to find home for 3/4 of my freinds dogs that were all working and they were all sold honestly and if they dont do something then i say that they dont. I ahve another dog with me now that i have just taken off someone, he is in hell of a state and is costing me alot to get him right so please do not say i dont care because in actual fact i care more than most.

Just edited to say anyone who breeds for fun is in for a nasty suprise as it is alot of hard work, alot of money, alot of time and not all that fun with a tribe of hungry puppies eating your house and pooing and weeing everywhere! lol