Land Rover Auction

I went to a car dealership today and the guy said that he would look at the auction for something for me, I was looking at a Discovery 3, so I thought why dont I go and cut out the middleman.

He said it was a Land Rover only Auction and it was a week on Wednesday ie 7th January 2009 does anyone know of it as I have put it in google but not found owt (anything for our southern mates)

Do you know where it is ???

Try Brightwells there a 4x4 auction,

I went to a car dealership today and the guy said that he would look at the auction for something for me, I was looking at a Discovery 3, so I thought why dont I go and cut out the middleman.

He said it was a Land Rover only Auction and it was a week on Wednesday ie 7th January 2009 does anyone know of it as I have put it in google but not found owt (anything for our southern mates)

Do you know where it is ???

i hope you got plenty off money for the backup service too, as the disco 3 is sore on bushings, it riddled with little niggling problems,

how do i know a relative works for a land rover dealer, believe me i was thinking off one also they are a great machine but due to all the little problems i wouldn't touch one.......... :thumbdown:

i hope you got plenty off money for the backup service too, as the disco 3 is sore on bushings, it riddled with little niggling problems,

how do i know a relative works for a land rover dealer, believe me i was thinking off one also they are a great machine but due to all the little problems i wouldn't touch one.......... :thumbdown:

Yes I know what you mean but I know a mate who had a Nissan Nirara (truck cab thing) and his engine was knackered after 23,000 miles just out of warranty, so I think they all have niggles some more than others.

Swings and roundabouts.

As Snap Shot says, D3 has loads of niggly problems, and some not so niggly, like the wiring looms are well below standard and fail regularly, loads of other problems, got a very good mate that is an LR Tech at local main dealer.

Best bet is to get a late D2, they are well sorted and reliable (but try for one with no sun roofs! ;) )

Can't help with the auction though sorry!

Used to work for a LR dealer, they do go to Brightwells as has been said, but most of the main manufacturers hold auctions that are for the trade (main dealers) only. Usually they are ex-fleet or management motors, just stay away from the silver ones... think I'm kidding? They also auction off vehicles that have been used at the LR Experience centres - all their vehicles are silver.

http://www.landrover.com/int/en/experience/overview.htm

This is where they teach staff and customers how to off-road properly, I'll let you imagine the kinda abuse they get

We bought one a couple o years ago which was ex-LRE and by chr1st! what a mess underneath, some bloody bargain! Cost a small fortune to fix for sale.

Also, as has been mentioned, they do have lots of problems, wiring looms, air suspension collapsing etc. It's nice having all the gadgets, when they work, but the more there are, the more there is to go wrong.

it's not illegal , dealers just have to inform the authorities that someone paid by that amount. more and more people are pulling money out ofthe bank these days anyway and dealers dont want to lose a sale , drug dealers are safe for the time being lol