same as above realy how do you stich your dogs and when do you know to stich.

Simple......dont ! .....get someone who knows when why and how its the sort of thing you can easily do more harm than good .

Go to the VET ;)

same as above realy how do you stich your dogs and when do you know to stich.

Simple......dont ! .....get someone who knows when why and how its the sort of thing you can easily do more harm than good .

:nono: Agreed - if you have to ask when or how then don't bother trying!!

cheers lads I have no intension of it my dogs are insured any way and before that I had an old boy around the corner from me used to do them it was just a question of intrest not instructions proberbly worded wrong when I have been out with lads and dogs have been cut they allways ask each other do you think it needs stiches. I always see if a cut will stop bleeding and start to heal naturaly within reason and if in any douts I go to the vet but I just wondered how you judge what needs stiches and what doesnt. I carnt stich a pair of pants wouldnt try on my dogs and the how question was again because you here people chating aboute it I know nothing of it I used to take my dog around the corner and then pick him up when I got a phone call. the old lad that used to do them used to dock terriers and stuff and has stiched and worked with the hounds all his life and was more than competent at it but his eyes are knackered now. I also heard a fellow in the pub on about him stiching dogs up and he was saying he used barbless fishing hooks and 10lb line to stich I just wondered what methodes people used as I found this most intresting. :signthankspin:

If you're really interested, this is a good read

http://blackwellpublishing.com:443/book.as...4382&site=1 :good:

JIm

cheers jim sounds spot on Iwill buy this book and have a read so have you heard of people using fishing hooks then is it a well known and practiced way I know people use fishing line thats what the old lad who used to stich my dogs used but never heard of using the hook.

thanks again jim.

chris