Collie post?

where did it go? Did I do something wrong, just so I know and wont do it again?

you were acting the tough guy, on about collies, theres no place for that on this forum

I was acting the tough guy? In what way? I didn't say it was my collie, it was a gunine question because I couldn't believe they could? There's no place for what asking if a collie really is capable of taking deer. ffs that is mad!!!!!

edited to say if you read my post I commented on my lurcher as being useless how that being the tough guy?

Edited by spookster1
where did it go? Did I do something wrong, just so I know and wont do it again?

It's a regular occurence for posts to be deleted spookster. :no: The last time I was on I replied to World Hunters thread about "the incident",when I came back on I was going to have a look to see how the thread was going. Guess what? It's been binned. :icon_eek: For the life of me I can't see why?

The post was made invisible because you and others were discussing the ILLEGAL act of hunting deer with dogs. The mere fact that you or others may mention "Pre-Ban" in some posts holds no water with any of the Mods on this site, you know as well as we know this is pure and utter b***cks...... We are at present trying very hard to clean up the site so as it is seen to be all legal and above board so it is still here for present and future members to enjoy. The site very nearly got closed down permanently once before................I and the rest of the Mods will not let this happen.

Hope this has answered your question

Regards

Rolfe ;)

The post was made invisible because you and others were discussing the ILLEGAL act of hunting deer with dogs. The mere fact that you or others may mention "Pre-Ban" in some posts holds no water with any of the Mods on this site, you know as well as we know this is pure and utter b***cks...... We are at present trying very hard to clean up the site so as it is seen to be all legal and above board so it is still here for present and future members to enjoy. The site very nearly got closed down permanently once before..........I and the rest of the Mods will not let this happen.

Regards

Rolfe ;)

Cheers :thumbs:

as I said I was just interested to know if such a feat was possible for a little dog!

Sorry I will keep my mouth shut now :icon_redface:

The post was made invisible because you and others were discussing the ILLEGAL act of hunting deer with dogs. The mere fact that you or others may mention "Pre-Ban" in some posts holds no water with any of the Mods on this site, you know as well as we know this is pure and utter b***cks...... We are at present trying very hard to clean up the site so as it is seen to be all legal and above board so it is still here for present and future members to enjoy. The site very nearly got closed down permanently once before..........I and the rest of the Mods will not let this happen.

Regards

Rolfe ;)

as I said I was just interested to know if such a feat was possible for a little dog!

I am only passing this on to those who do not understand the working Border Collie, they are a hard working dog, loyal, to his master, and would and will work till he drops, first and foremost he is a herding dog,(( a good friend of mine was given a border collie, free of charge, from a Farmer, to a farmer, but also a top dog handler, the dog was very well bred working, trialling, dog, the previous owner, tried to train him with the shock collar, and in the end they could do nothing with him and he had turned very vicious,( he would have ate the hand of you,this was a dog almost back to a wild state, no trust in humans, he got him home, calmed him down over two or three weeks, Then he started to train him in working obedience, and control, about 6months later I was lucky to be visiting, his farm and to see his working dogs, he had great pleasure to show me this dog work, first he put him into a large pen of Sterks, 10/ 12 month old cattle he drove them back, from the feed trough and held them there with his mental strength and power, then he called him out, and put him across a field with about 100 ewes, there he displayed all his carefull working ability, with sheep, I said to this Farmer, I will buy a pup of that dog, when you use him over one of your good bitches, Ok, no problem, he said, I went back in to his yard about 6 months later, hoping I would have a good collie pup, then he told me he sold the dog into America, £5000- that dog had true metal, guts power, stamina, and brains, ((((( that was the true border collie, Not like some of those dogs you see on one man his dog ((( there temper are more biddable under all commands they have softened them down to manage them more easily, the hill collie,, working Black face hornies, and rams, you need that powerfull dog and that is were you breed from, your all round dog from, to your selected greyhound, and hope for the best as there is No guarantees in breeding, (((((( put the best to the best, and then you hope for the best, and that was around 1993, the same man, was the first man to represent two countrys in International dog trialling, Ireland, and Scotland,(((( I had a small hill farm in Ireland at that time thats why I was looking for the collie,

Regards

Rolfe ;)

I am only passing this on to those who do not understand the working Border Collie, they are a hard working dog, loyal, to his master, and would and will work till he drops, first and foremost he is a herding dog,(( a good friend of mine was given a border collie, free of charge, from a Farmer, to a farmer, but also a top dog handler, the dog was very well bred working, trialling, dog, the previous owner, tried to train him with the shock collar, and in the end they could do nothing with him and he had turned very vicious,( he would have ate the hand of you,this was a dog almost back to a wild state, no trust in humans, he got him home, calmed him down over two or three weeks, Then he started to train him in working obedience, and control, about 6months later I was lucky to be visiting, his farm and to see his working dogs, he had great pleasure to show me this dog work, first he put him into a large pen of Sterks, 10/ 12 month old cattle he drove them back, from the feed trough and held them there with his mental strength and power, then he called him out, and put him across a field with about 100 ewes, there he displayed all his carefull working ability, with sheep, I said to this Farmer, I will buy a pup of that dog, when you use him over one of your good bitches, Ok, no problem, he said, I went back in to his yard about 6 months later, hoping I would have a good collie pup, then he told me he sold the dog into America, £5000- that dog had true metal, guts power, stamina, and brains, ((((( that was the true border collie, Not like some of those dogs you see on one man his dog ((( there temper are more biddable under all commands they have softened them down to manage them more easily, the hill collie,, working Black face hornies, and rams, you need that powerfull dog and that is were you breed from, your all round dog from, to your selected greyhound, and hope for the best as there is No guarantees in breeding, (((((( put the best to the best, and then you hope for the best, and that was around 1993, the same man, was the first man to represent two countrys in International dog trialling, Ireland, and Scotland,(((( I had a small hill farm in Ireland at that time thats why I was looking for the collie,

Cheers for that, amazing the difference a good dog person makes!! Did you get your pup from him?