No season for two years ?

Guest chilli

My bitch hasnt had a season for close on 2 years now !! i was wondering if anyone has come across this before ? as ive been told in bull / bull blooded creatures this can happen if they are kept pretty lean all year round . anyone have any input ?

My bitch hasnt had a season for close on 2 years now !! i was wondering if anyone has come across this before ? as ive been told in bull / bull blooded creatures this can happen if they are kept pretty lean all year round . anyone have any input ?

anorexia causes a suspension of periods in humans as can overtraining there could be a similer link in dogs. you could look at your feeding regime, carbs are the fuel and protien/fat for repair, a balenced diet is auguably best. i persoally like to see a back on my dogs over the summer. also if your dog has an extremely heavy workload then you could think about getting another to spread the load.

Guest chilli

she has a balanced diet now mate , flesh bone an veg . I am going to try uping her food an try an get some weight on her . She is 23.3 kg now i wouldnt say she is under weight this is just the weight she seems to sit at . She did have a serious accident over a year ago ive often wonder if this has done something to her body clock so to speak .

I have a Staghound bitch, and she hasnt had a seasn yet!...but she is still kind of a puppy...i think shes around 15-16 months at the moment...i want her to have a season real soon, so as i can get her ready for when i move to MO...she was REAL fit during the season, but i have done baiscly NOTHING with her for about 8 weeks...just trying to get her fat...she has been around THREE bitchs that have been in heat, and that still didnt get her in!...

Although she hasnt done a huge amount of work, still a pup after all, but the work she HAS done has been GREAT...if she keep sup the way she is going she will be worth having a litter out off...knowing my bloody luck she will be barren or summat!..

Kye..