why has my mk3 started being tempuramental ?

hi all my mk3 has always been kept indoors ive only had it a year and its started not picking up th coller :wallbash: is there any thing i can do apart from buying a new one ? cheers

try new batteris on both finder and collar :whistling:

well obviosley tried that mat ...................

Have you tried it away from the house, my MK3 picks up our outdoor security light at the back of our house, so if I test it I have to walk down to the bottom of the garden.

New batteries ? you've tried that though. Batteries in the right way up?. Spect you've checked that too. Good clean connections all round?. Have you tried another set of new batteies just in case you have been sold one or more duds? Sometimes a small piece of rubber band gently eased under the collar terminals helps to make a more positive connection .(If you find that squeezing the collar unit cures erratic performance this last suggestion is a good solution).

Out of interest , jewellers always handle watch batteries with plastic tweezers & wipe the batteries with a cloth .This is because even the grease from a person's fingers can cause the battery to "leak" current and shorten it's life.

Edited to add .I know its obvious but I you have a mate who has a locato r you could test your collar and reciever with his kit before you do anything too drastic. Unless its still under G/tee in which case get back to Debens ASAP

Edited by comanche