air arms s 410 177 or 22

Guest buster321c
sorry about the same old question boys but i am goining to buy one or the other i will be after fur and feather any one with the air arms s 410 what do you think

???? For hunting ?

Most people will say .22 for hunting , was`nt there a poll on it a couple of weks back ? or was it what rifle you own , and the majority was AirArms and something stupid like 80% were .22

well for me it wouldn't be caliber, it would be the choice of gun as both calibers do the same thing in the field in different situations in my opinion, but .22 has a little more stopping power if you want to get down to being that fussy, but I take the shot if it's on and I'm sure of a kill shot no matter what rifle I have.

Whenever I bought a rifle years ago it had to be .22, these days with the technology available? "Horses for Courses" and all that :drink:

sorry about the same old question boys but i am goining to buy one or the other i will be after fur and feather any one with the air arms s 410 what do you think

???? For hunting ?

Most people will say .22 for hunting , was`nt there a poll on it a couple of weks back ? or was it what rifle you own , and the majority was AirArms and something stupid like 80% were .22

cheers buddy

well for me it wouldn't be caliber, it would be the choice of gun as both calibers do the same thing in the field in different situations in my opinion, but .22 has a little more stopping power if you want to get down to being that fussy, but I take the shot if it's on and I'm sure of a kill shot no matter what rifle I have.

Whenever I bought a rifle years ago it had to be .22, these days with the technology available? "Horses for Courses" and all that :drink:

cheers mad al already own a gunpower stelth for the last 3 years its a 22 never owned a 177 so i think its about time i gave it a go cheers

this is one of those things that will go on for years

i have both and they are both very good

go to a local gun club and have a go with both and make your mind own mind up

but 177 tend to be the one used for target shooting, i used both for hunting and they both are very good

good luck :clapper:

It's all about terminology...you have to accept that theoretically both have 12ft lb at the muzzle!

The .22 hits harder only in so much as it make a bigger hole and therefore does more material damage, the .177 hitting in the same place may penetrate further as it is smaller..and indeed may pass right through...it is all about pellet placement, damage caused and energy transfer.

Bottom line is the .22 is still the favourite "hunting" air rifle calibre and I wouldn't use anything else, but the .177 camp are not all wrong..they do have their uses. If truth be know one of each would be useful!! :thumbs:

Had air weapon's of various calibre's for a lot of year's now and for me without a doubt .177 is the better calibre..folk say .22 has more stopping power and hit's harder but what's the point in that with a legal limmit .22 when a legal limmit .177 can do exactly the same if you hit them where you are supposed to..and that is in the nut..and you have more chance of head shot's at a greater distance with the .177..

Just my experienced opinion.. ;) ..

Cheer's

Millet

cheers millet thanks for ur reply from so far away u take care over there cheers i think after all the thoughts and time it will be the 177 and thanks to every thats replyed