springer

i just like the smallish types

and i am not keen on large dogs and dont like the springers with the large heads

i like the head shape of ESS profile picture

just personal preference i think mate

Look on deepfleet gundogs and toonarmy gundogs. They both have small B/W springers.

Toonarmy dogs males are not small

regards me

sounds like the lottery !!!

well hopefully i'll win

the dog you are on about is out ot very good field trialing stock thats why it is so small.clarbrugh art was run by ian openshaw and won loads of field trials and was a very small dog

ugly though

well hopefully i'll win

the dog you are on about is out ot very good field trialing stock thats why it is so small.clarbrugh art was run by ian openshaw and won loads of field trials and was a very small dog

I HAV VERRY SMALL SS VERRY HARD 2 COME BYE MINE CAME FROM IRELAND THE WELSH N THE IRISH BREED THEM SMALL

Never measured mine but at a guess I'd say she was 13 inches TTS.

Bred by a keeper nr Gargunnock and has a very good working pedigree.

I was beating yesterday with her and one of the guns refused to believe she was a springer, his were the size of labs :o

my old springer i put down in january this year was a big lad he was 13 nhalf yrs old. got him fae a retiring keeper when he was 9yrs old.

he was bred in wales. and i wasd told he was " old english style" his immediate sire was badgercourt moss.

lot of folks asked me what he was crossed with??!! due to his size!!! but most springers i see these days are small fast beasts!!!

heres some pics o me old dog....only had 4 n half years but he was a cracker.

miss him

dai2.jpg

dai.jpg

sauer

well hopefully i'll win

Sam was not a small dog and he was actually trained by Colin Pass, who is a good friend. Ian bought the dog back from Colin having originally sold him as a "No hoper"

Mike

and i am not keen on large dogs and dont like the springers with the large heads

I think that was bred by Nic' was it not? (Drummuir)

I think that was bred by Nic' was it not? (Drummuir)

No Mike that dog was bred my me,

This is one out of Nics Ftw stud dog Finn a very big powerful dog she has his drive but not his stamp more like her Mother both small bitches ,the bitch on the avatar is out of the same dam different sire

post-15603-1229378613_thumb.jpg

Edited by ESS

I done some work on a local shoot a few years back, and the landowners bred small English springers.

They were meant to be a strain developed locally to cope with the thick gorse that covers so much of the county here in Pembrokeshire.

I was offered a pup out of a litter they bred, but the time wasn't right for me. :thumbs: