CATCHING IN THE COLD

we had a day out today on a little place i have been saving untill the cover had died back a bit ... well we set off in freezing gales and a that horrible light rain that seems like nothing but gets you soaked to the skin and it stayed all day interspursed with sleet and and even colder wind ........

we started off on an open exposed bank and the rabbits just wernt happy to bolt and it took an age to get them moving ... we had about 10 out of here and decided to pick up and move on because at one stage the locater was registering 8 foot and i didnt fance digging ... it will save for another day ....

we then moved all of 50 yards into a nice open warren on a nice hillside field the rabbits were bolting better here but by hell could they shift across the short grass ... we had another 12 out of here and only covered part of it as we wanted to go across the small valley and try our luck over there '' this will be another spot to save for the future'' .........

well the place we finished off on was holding good numbers and we had another 20 odd off here in a short space of time and only managed to cover a 1/4 of it ... so i will leave this area to settle for a few weeks and and wait for a nice cold still frosty morning and then hit it hard ...........

finall tally for the day was 48 ... not bad considering the conditions we were ferreting in ..........

her are some pics ... the cameraman couldnt take many as the weather so bad .........

SETTING UP THE NETS ON A COLD WET DAY ..........

DSC_0008_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0005_edited-1.jpg

I EVEN HAD TO WEAR A SILLY HAT TO KEEP WARM ........

DSC_0013_edited-1.jpg

CHICKY LOOKING LIKE A BOSNIAN REFUGEE WITH HIS WEEKLY FOOD ALLOWANCE ........

DSC_0036_edited-1.jpg

THIS BUNNY WAS FLYING .........

DSC_0064_edited-1.jpg

BUT NOT QUITE QUICK ENOUGH FOR THE BLACK DEATH ..............

DSC_0024_edited-1.jpg

A NICE VIEW OF A TINY PART OF WHAT NEEDS FERRETING ........

DSC_0074_edited-1.jpg

THE END OF DAY PIC ..........

DSC_0082_edited-1.jpg

its funny how 90 per cent of guys who have maybe not hunted for years or keep quite what thye catch tell by detail on how many ,when i go out on a nite i say got a good few , but i notice on internet numbers so ameture ,why not say had a good day got a few good rabbits with dogs , i was out to hard frost 5 belo to hard to run a dog , but beutiful land scape everything frosti and clean netted a few and pulled a few out at the mouth of burrows , is it a detailed amount with alot of guys on here ive caught thousands but its rabbits not bears your hunting m funny old game the hunting game , when i kill roe hares cany even be botherd wieghin them takeing pics part of life , but as long as you enjoy your self , 48 localy is a big day now , but sports good localy and dogs have to be on top to get them no easy slouches caught all of them,

whin that was my third day out this week ... i was out wednesday saturday and then again yestarday and believe me i have caught a lot more than the 48 pictured there .... BUT if somebody stands out in the freezing cold and takes pictures inbetween helpng with the nets and ferrets and killing rabbits then i will respect that man put up his pictures including his end of day picture ..........

what would be the point of writting a post on your days hunting and showing the cation shots to then tell people how many you caught or show the picture .... i can guarantee you that somebody will have asked ''how many did you get mate'' so before they do i will tell you .....

so because i have posted how many i have caught i am an ameture ??? do you saee me posting how many roe my bitch has tracked NO do you see me posting on how many hares my bitch has retrieved NO do you see me posting about every time i go out ferreting NO i put up a post if somebody has been kind enough to take some pictures and its worth sharing with the good people of this site, after all isnt that what this site is all about ???

you like to think of yourself as the big white hunter and only your dogs can catch game .....

i tell you what here is a novel idea ... instead of slagging peoples posts why dont you put up a post with some pictures of one of your days out ........

you are after all the last of the great hunter fishermen of the modern day ... so come you illiterate feck lets see what you actually do........

THERE IS ALWAYS ONE WHO HAS TO HAVE A DIG NO WONDER PEOPLE CANT BE ARSED TO POST ANYMORE .... DONT THINK I WILL BOTHER AGAIN FECK IT ............

i dont put pics up as not realy intrested but you no your welcome up here i gave you the invite a while back nothing wrongwith your posts but it does me in guys tex me how many you catch and were they big kinds , like when you are an exited kid , its not a dig to you personal not my stile believe me but its like alot of people say f rabbs from ten runs ive never counted runs i look at the dog and say well shees had enough or he not how many rabbits in the bag or hare roe etc i have some real good pics mate from afar and close , just cant gte my head round people hom amany did you catch only time i worry is when im selling somethin per item or pound but you no its no big deal , being hinest in the scottish borders at one time a hundred a day but i never went into counting till botchers slab ,i no im good with dogs mate and can find game but lots of other people can , i like the little stories and how you got on , but all this 5 rabbs ten runs people put on or 40 out of five warrens to me sounds a bit likr e first gay out, enjoy it remembers me of a guy who wrote diary of a hunter pillock when you actualy met him , good pics and bigger the fool who wants to stand frezingthere balls of to get a pic of some swishis or rabbs , even tho fair play to them

Good post Socks, really nice pics too - the bosnian caption made me laugh :laugh: Love the look of your collie cross.

Whin you're a bit of a wind up merchant ... seems like you always have something negative to say or you're telling people what they should do/say/price their pups at :thumbdown:

no jealousy mate not that way inclind just can get my head round people deatailing how many rabbs, i used to rabbitcatch on two big bits of land box trap dog feret and nets , some weeks fourhundred plus so you kinda sicken of going into detail on how many bud ,and you get guys saying chased 10 rabbs got seven some land you can catchb 9 out of 10 some 3 out of ten ,but it never came across me to count rabbits and how many runs or how many caught unless going to butchers or game dealers i live in the borders no shortage of game mate so no jealousy , itslike when we poached salmon never counted them realey just weighed them in got the cash per pound , same with lobsters i do count them but its weight and size ,when we were kids we used to count things keep diaries but as a man u chsange well some of us do , when its on your doorstep no big deal , hhey but the stories are good and nice to show less fortunate people etc