sunday stroll

frost was heavy on the ground looked like a picture on a christmas card,first cover was a small gorse bank hounds found straight away charlie broke from the cover going up across the fields,once hounds hit the field that was the end of that hunt they just could'nt take him on ,i thought we were in for a shit day,the next place was a bigger cover ,they found him at the start of it run him around the bank putting him to ground,they were'nt far behind him there was one hell of a racket with them on the earth well pleased with the pups marking,terrierman entered a young bitch her second time to ground,had a mark within minutes dug down to find her fast to the quarry,did'nt hear a peep out of her, one for the future i think,this one want be taking any more pheasants.We carried on down the valley hounds working hard but what happened hounds split some hunting back up from were we had just come from the rest going further down the valley,shots echoing out all around me,people talking on the cb's had 2 up here, we just had 1 here, 2 have just crossed out to the next cover just had another one.Well the truth is we carried on until it was dark we had a good day after all,no problems boxing the hounds up they were all glad to get in. post-19780-1228083254_thumb.jpgpost-19780-1228083304_thumb.jpg

Thanks boy's for the comments i'am glad you like reading and seeing some of the photo's that i take on the day,i live for my hounds and my hunting and i'am only glad to share my day's experiences with you

Are you one of the blokes that used to go with Scott from Pontypool?

frost was heavy on the ground looked like a picture on a christmas card,first cover was a small gorse bank hounds found straight away charlie broke from the cover going up across the fields,once hounds hit the field that was the end of that hunt they just could'nt take him on ,i thought we were in for a shit day,the next place was a bigger cover ,they found him at the start of it run him around the bank putting him to ground,they were'nt far behind him there was one hell of a racket with them on the earth well pleased with the pups marking,terrierman entered a young bitch her second time to ground,had a mark within minutes dug down to find her fast to the quarry,did'nt hear a peep out of her, one for the future i think,this one want be taking any more pheasants.We carried on down the valley hounds working hard but what happened hounds split some hunting back up from were we had just come from the rest going further down the valley,shots echoing out all around me,people talking on the cb's had 2 up here, we just had 1 here, 2 have just crossed out to the next cover just had another one.Well the truth is we carried on until it was dark we had a good day after all,no problems boxing the hounds up they were all glad to get in. post-19780-1228083254_thumb.jpgpost-19780-1228083304_thumb.jpg
nice to see a bit talk about the hounds .Have three hounds my self and getting good hunting with them and the results are lot better than checking holes .