Hardest hares....

Guest anonymous

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welsh mountain hares are the hardest .not scottish, not english, welsh ,they breath fire when you piss em off,and they have wings

what kind of money is in a hare then? just out of interest? Ive never thought of selling game, Im like yourself Im not in it solely for the chase, I like the kill as well, but Its never occurred to me to sell stuff I enjoy taking it home to feed the dogs.

polecat is the ground maybe not suitable to get big numbers hence the reason youre not catching them maybe bettetr lamping land or hunting up land with to or three smaller type of dogs whoare quick of the mark , not all land suits dogs , a guy siad to me once i keep knocking my dogs up real flinty land i says maybe the lands not for running dogs get a good 22 he says welll maybe you are [bANNED TEXT] ,my freind goes to ayrshire had twos and maybe threes some days i no he has caught two there and has been a good few times but short chases and over all sorts of terrain mate

whin there are more hares on my ground than i,ve seen anywhere else in scotland for years ground is good running ground had boys on with all sorts of lurchers sals collie bulls beddy you name it they cant take them

Errr Where is your ground mate? Just for pure speculation reasons like.........

Aye err ahem, I'm doing a survey thingy where I'm counting hare depletion around the ayreshire area like............. ahem :angel:

now that would be telling

I don't know why anyone would want to lamp a hare, what a waste. If your dog isn't good enough to catch the greatest animal in Britian in daylight then you should stick to rabbits.

Stick to keeping them exercised during the daylight then :)

There is a distinctive smell to your posts anonymous :clapper:

Go on tell us if theyre as good as you say they are and none of the dogs youve had over to try and catch them, can catch them, then another couple of triers coming over to exercise them wont do any harm :D its coming up to the time when the hares are at their best so they should be able to beat all comers, are they bionic hares by any chance? :D

I never realised they sold for as much as that, you learn something new every day, the reason im asking is because a chap asked me about hares recently and said he was willing to pay £5 each, but he had moaned about the state of a previous one I gave him for nowt, (hard mouth isnt much of a fault in a dog in my book :D ) so I put him on to another lad instead, he probably needs the money more than I do anyway. I have to say I enjoy seeing my dogs tearing into a fresh hare, I think they work hard to catch it they should see some reward for their efforts. I'll not go into the lamping vs daytime thing as its been done to death and gets us nowhere :D

I don't know why anyone would want to lamp a hare, what a waste. If your dog isn't good enough to catch the greatest animal in Britian in daylight then you should stick to rabbits.

this seems to be a familiar sayin atm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGGztI1VSI&...feature=related

:whistling:

Guest Rabbiteer

this seems to be a familiar sayin atm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGGztI1VSI&...feature=related

:whistling:

it took a long time :tongue2: and it was worth the wait for a plastic bag chasing :clapper: show dog to show that more then fen dogs can catch these illusive animals

WELL FELLA ,

I MUST ADMIT .......... I FEEL REALLY INSECURE WHEN I READ YOUR POSTS RABITEER

I MEAN ......HERE AM I 30 YRS IN THE GAME AND STILL LEARNING ..............

THEN THERES YOU ..... 5 MINUTES AND KNOWING EVERYTHING ..........

YOU REALLY ARE SOME BOY :notworthy:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Amen!! :thumbs:

Guest Rabbiteer
didnt a guy a while back not saying any names go two the fens with little rabbit dog as the fens guys called it and he won!!

:clapper: a 22 inch carrier bag chaser at that :D ..oh i forgot it was only November and not January :feck: , all credit to the little lamping bitch who chanced it's arm on the big land and came up trumps :toast: ..i thinks it's fair to say though (although i have a gun pointing at my head :tongue2:) that for catching regularly on the fenland a Saluki based lurcher would be the prefered type BUT it does go to show that they are NOT the be all and end all of big land hare killers :thumbs: .All the best folks.Keep on doing what you do :ninja: .Cheers Andy. ;)

every time that little dog went to the fens it caught andy he only wants to go once more

well reading through this thread rabiteer you must be some boy(as duckwing stated)but my good friend the fen master is at this process getting validated and cant wait to meet you and your so called super dog and have a match with you for a thousand pound,and he will be running a 7 month old pup thats killing 1s and 2s on the fens around peterbrough,and the match will be camcorded for the results to be put up on this site,so no snide remarks just get it on with him and good luck