Deben stinger

clouser

I have just bought a Stinger for ratting,its fitted on a 4x12x50 scope and i find i am getting a lot of flare back in the scope that just about obscures anything i am aiming at.Has anyone else found this or any ideas as to the problem.No rats yet either.

This is a pretty common problem with rifles, centrefires in particular as a lot of the Moderators tend to be quite fat.

As already suggested this is probably reflected light from a mod or perhaps the barrel.

Lots of possible solutions, angle the lamp up a bit, use a dimmer switch, try a filter on the lamp, sling the lamp under the barrel, or to the side (but this can cause distance problems), cover the scope/barrel with non reflective material, black insulating tape over the bottom of the light lens, flip up scope cover UP on objectice lens, etc etc, some or all of the above will "probably" help!! :thumbs:

I have just bought a Stinger for ratting,its fitted on a 4x12x50 scope and i find i am getting a lot of flare back in the scope that just about obscures anything i am aiming at.Has anyone else found this or any ideas as to the problem.No rats yet either.

This is a pretty common problem with rifles, centrefires in particular as a lot of the Moderators tend to be quite fat.

As already suggested this is probably reflected light from a mod or perhaps the barrel.

Lots of possible solutions, angle the lamp up a bit, use a dimmer switch, try a filter on the lamp, sling the lamp under the barrel, or to the side (but this can cause distance problems), cover the scope/barrel with non reflective material, black insulating tape over the bottom of the light lens, flip up scope cover UP on objectice lens, etc etc, some or all of the above will "probably" help!! :thumbs:

Thanks for all the ideas,scope and light are fitted to a HW77 and it does seem to be reflecting of the barrel or fore sight.Turning down the magnification does seem to help so i guess i will have to try some of these other ideas and see what works,thanks.

Thanks for all the ideas,scope and light are fitted to a HW77 and it does seem to be reflecting of the barrel or fore sight.Turning down the magnification does seem to help so i guess i will have to try some of these other ideas and see what works,thanks.

Another one I forgot...a sunshade on the front of the scope...as long as required!!

Another one I forgot...a sunshade on the front of the scope...as long as required!!

A sunshade would work BUT its hard enough loading a hw77 (cousin has one) You try doing it with a big scope with a sunshade on the end of it.

Edited by hiho

A sunshade would work BUT its hard enough loading a hw77 (cousin has one) You try doing it with a big scope with a sunshade on the end of it.

Problem solved,taped it to the side of the barrel near the foresight,works well on full power just doesnt look as cool as it does mounted on the scope.Cheers for the help.