secret fish followed on

i think the others could be right that its a kelt or even a baggot or it mite be a well ment kelt but dosent look to kelty did you check the gill rakers if they were white or had gill maggots ? the head looks in proportion to its body anyway i would of liked to of had a hold of that on a fly well done mate :clapper:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a salmon has a bone in its tail where as a sea trout does not ? am i right

F... Knows zap, but no one seems willing to come forward and say,lol. I dont claim to be a game fisherman, but know it is a fish that many of them would love to have caught.....

mite of been a seatroot hard to tell with the pict cant see the tail did it have spots below the lateral line mm :blink:

i think the others could be right that its a kelt or even a baggot or it mite be a well ment kelt but dosent look to kelty did you check the gill rakers if they were white or had gill maggots ? the head looks in proportion to its body anyway i would of liked to of had a hold of that on a fly well done mate :clapper:

Cheers SALMON, yes it does have spots along the lateral line, more towards the tail pal?

Cheers SALMON, yes it does have spots along the lateral line, more towards the tail pal?

did it have the spots below the lateral line was the tail straight or forked i f it was a troot its a bigggg one

zap, the salmons tail doesnt have bones in it but does have "boney" rays thats why the salmon can easily be picked up by the tail and the seatrout cant.

no a salmon has a smaller wrist in front of the tail & a seatroot has a thicker wrist thats why you can hand tail a sambo but not a seatroot as will just slip out of your hand ;)

zap, the salmons tail doesnt have bones in it but does have "boney" rays thats why the salmon can easily be picked up by the tail and the seatrout cant.

no a salmon has a smaller wrist in front of the tail & a seatroot has a thicker wrist thats why you can hand tail a sambo but not a seatroot as will just slip out of your hand ;)

Oh, so its a seatrout then!!!

???????????????????????????????????? :D

Did you hand tail it?

i would say defo a kelt ,they will pick up food on the way back to the sea have had it happen to me on big lures for pike also dead baits , also it would be in the river that time of year making its way back ,sea trout dont get to that size very often ,also it looks spent[like it has lost a lot of weight ] if it was a sea trout and lost weight and was as heavy has you say then in its prime it would be close on 30lb ,that would be exceptionally big for one ,and prob a record fish .pity the tail cant be seen v shape for salmon more round for sea trout,that is the reason sea trout are harder to hold by the tale it pulls through your hand easier than the v on a salmon.

Edited by MY LAW