North East Lurcher Club

Right then, for those who are interested and all the people who have PM'd me regarding setting up a lurcher club, lets have some opinions of what sort of things we'd all want to get from it???

Obviously a fair few people would want an annual show in the summer, alot of people expressed an interest in having a monthly meet at a pub or something similar, possibly with some kind of a raffle or something similar!! We could contact other clubs and have club Vs club lamping comps or ferreting days??

So here's your chance to put forward your ideas and suggestions of what you'd like to get out of it???

Right then, for those who are interested and all the people who have PM'd me regarding setting up a lurcher club, lets have some opinions of what sort of things we'd all want to get from it???

Obviously a fair few people would want an annual show in the summer, alot of people expressed an interest in having a monthly meet at a pub or something similar, possibly with some kind of a raffle or something similar!! We could contact other clubs and have club Vs club lamping comps or ferreting days??

So here's your chance to put forward your ideas and suggestions of what you'd like to get out of it???

One thing I would advise is to not only ask what they want out of a club, but ask what they are going to contribute to a club

I think a small membership fee that will go towards events for the club to put on, will stop just people joining for the sake of it, and hopefully keep it to people genuinely interested in thier dogs!!! I'll look at getting a forum up and running by the new year, i've also got contacts who can do stuff like t shirt printing and mugs car stickers, fleeces etc etc, whatever people would be interested in really, i dont want it to be some club that people belong to and nothing happens, i want it to be somewhere people go to meet likeminded folk, have a good craic and look forward to the next meet or event!!!!!