Considering moving the grey on

I some maybe aware I rehomed a ex track grey some while ago, and I am considering letting him go.

If I am perfectly honest - Im out most nights, and when run hard, its a continuous battle just to keep the weight on especially now its getting a bit colder.

A bit about the dog - he is a grand lad, just over three years, and a good stamp of dog around 28 tts.

He is a quiet and gently dog, and is as happy kennel as in the house and gets on well with other dogs.

I have put alot of work into him, and he lamps very well .....watches the beam , and is quick off the mark. His recall is spot on, and he retrieves well, although he is hard mouthed.

For someone who only goes out a couple of times a week for a quick shine......he would be perfect, and loves nothing more than lazing about on the couch until its time to go out.......

If anyone would be interested in him, please let me know. Please note: he will be going to just anyone, only someone I would be satified will look after him properly......if that person cannot be found...then with me he will stay.

I want nothing for him, just the knowledge that he'll be well looked after. ........I am in near Scunthorpe DN16...

post-6717-1226066046.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well all the best to you paul

will make somone a grand dog good luck mate :thumbs:

Thanks smashy......Im in a similar boat as you not so long ago...........although greys have the drive, prowess, and suprisingly 'brains' to become good lamp dogs.........they simply cannot hack alot of graft on rough ground daily....

Hindsites a wonderfull thing, and I supose its an obvious reason why the lurcher was bred in the first place!!!!

if anyone would like to have a chat to about him please feel to pm me and il give you my telephone no-.....and please - no kids or messers :whistling:

thanks

Edited by Paul in North Lincs

Thanks smashy......Im in a similar boat as you not so long ago...........although greys have the drive, prowess, and suprisingly 'brains' to become good lamp dogs.........they simply cannot hack alot of graft on rough ground daily....

Hindsites a wonderfull thing, and I supose its an obvious reason why the lurcher was bred in the first place!!!!

if anyone would like to haev a chat to about him pleae feel to to call me on ...................and please - no kids or messers :whistling:

thanks

others are superb thanks....and starting to perform now after a slow start to the season...........

Only problem is Im having to double up on the greys grub, just to keep him in form...which is a struggle when they're getting run everynight......... the others with work look like film star, whilst the grey simply can't hack the graft - and I am an advocate of the breed.

yes nice as a second dog

or occaisonal outings ,but they aint up to a daily outing .

well best of luck .and hope your others are well :victory:

if anyone would like to haev a chat to about him pleae feel to to call me on ......and please - no kids or messers :whistling:

thanks

yes nice as a second dog

or occaisonal outings ,but they aint up to a daily outing .

well best of luck .and hope your others are well :victory:

edited no-

Good on Ya fella, nice to see someone with the integrity to be more concerned about the dogs future home rather than making a few quid. I wish you all the best in finding him a good new home, I'm sure he'll find one. By the way, he's a CRACKING looking dog.

Cheers

W.A.B :thumbs: