YES!!!!!!

will.f11

how many rows down shall I go, im going 18 meshes across

Eighteen's a lot for a longnet Will, I used to do a lucky thirteen which is more than enough in my opinion. If you're making a 50 yard longnet you'll need another 800ish rows.. :laugh: If it's purse nets you're doing it's up to you on the length you want, four footers are a nice size imo so you will need twenty ish..

Guest jbswildlife
Its just I think he goes through and not round, i have started another and done about 5 rows fairly well. going round they dont seem to slip at all

your on the way to making loads of nets good luck

how many rows down shall I go, im going 18 meshes across

Eighteen's a lot for a longnet Will, I used to do a lucky thirteen which is more than enough in my opinion. If you're making a 50 yard longnet you'll need another 800ish rows.. :laugh: If it's purse nets you're doing it's up to you on the length you want, four footers are a nice size imo so you will need twenty ish..

Ok mate, its a purse net

right guys! ive just finished my second net but noticed something strange, all the meshes stay in perfect place etc. but once i have fixed on the drawcord then the mesh will slip if you pull on them. These will be fine for my own uses but i would like to know whats wrong so i can make myself perfect ones :D

but its happened twice in a row now.

will have a look on the ferreting section regarding netmaking, at the top of the page under frequently asked questions and answers theres a video by Rabbiteer on netmaking it may well help you out regarding your netmaking career.

Regards..

Will. Google ,, single sheet bend or knots and look for a single sheet bend. This is the knot you are trying to achieve when knitting. Practice should do the rest. The knots should be tight mind. If I haven't been knitting for a while, my hands get pretty sore after a few rows, I was going say it isn't a job for a wuss, but I remember a woman who could knit a hundred yarder in a fortnight. She also had eighteen kids, though while she was having the kids, she'd to stop knitting for a few minutes. They don't make them like that any more. Keep at it mate.

Edited by ianrob