What bird is this?

Timelord

I was in my garden target shooting when I looked up on my roof and saw this little fella. I do know it's a wild bird of prey and my guess is it's a kestral. I would like your expert opinions on this question please, as the title of this thread suggests. What bird is it?

Don't worry I would not dream of taking a shot at such a magnificant creature in case anyone misinterprets me ;)

Thanks for reading Lee....

post-20221-1225743142_thumb.jpg

post-20221-1225743172_thumb.jpg

I was in my garden target shooting when I looked up on my roof and saw this little fella. I do know it's a wild bird of prey and my guess is it's a kestral. I would like your expert opinions on this question please, as the title of this thread suggests. What bird is it?

Don't worry I would not dream of taking a shot at such a magnificant creature in case anyone misinterprets me ;)

Thanks for reading Lee....

Looks like a sparrow hawk to me mate

Fantastic thanks for that, I've never seen them sat on the roof before around here but I've seen them taking pigeons out real good in mid air over my garden :clapper:

I bait pigeons, crows and magpies etc around here and I suppose they find my area pretty good for food ;)

Cheers Lee..

Well as they say "you learn something new everyday" and this is why I came here with this question. :thumbs:

Thanks guys and I'll keep you posted if I see anymore as my camera (Canon 400D) is never too far away from me :thumbs:

little musket defo would love a female do

ben :clapper:

I was a little confused at first as there has been some funny BOP flying about round this way!! one in particualr was very simular to the one in the picture but it seemed to make noises like it was talking :blink:. I'm sure it said "Give us a chick you b*****d", I'll listen a bit more careful next time :thumbs:...

Jasper