thin coat

hi all

my black terrier is suffering with a thin coat ive tried most things.regular bedding change cod liver oil.can anyone recomend any remidies

its at its worse above hes shoulders and on his tail.he has had a hard working life but ive laid him off all duties for the last couple of months trying to bring the coat on.after a few hours of bushing heavy blackthorn hes scabbed all over hes back a yellowey type that brushes of with little spots of blood underneath.try to get some pics on soon.thanks for reading.

cheers dirtdog.

hi all

my black terrier is suffering with a thin coat ive tried most things.regular bedding change cod liver oil.can anyone recomend any remidies

its at its worse above hes shoulders and on his tail.he has had a hard working life but ive laid him off all duties for the last couple of months trying to bring the coat on.after a few hours of bushing heavy blackthorn hes scabbed all over hes back a yellowey type that brushes of with little spots of blood underneath.try to get some pics on soon.thanks for reading.

cheers dirtdog.

try benzo benzoate,usually good for skin irritations.

hi all

cheers dirtdog.

dont mess on with loads of stuff mate i tried everything ended up at vets . got spot on off him been ok since.

the vets is a no no with this little dog.im sure its not mange.ive bathed him in hib scrub left a few days then put frontline on him.

plus hes not been near an earth for months.ive also kenneld him on his own.the bloke that had him before had to let the dog go for his own reasons.when i got him he was in a bit of a mess.hes a lot lot better since.hes had oily fish twice a week plus the little bit of cl oil on his grub.are there any old wives remidies for a thin coat.

cheers dirtdog

the vets is a no no with this little dog.im sure its not mange.ive bathed him in hib scrub left a few days then put frontline on him.

plus hes not been near an earth for months.ive also kenneld him on his own.the bloke that had him before had to let the dog go for his own reasons.when i got him he was in a bit of a mess.hes a lot lot better since.hes had oily fish twice a week plus the little bit of cl oil on his grub.are there any old wives remidies for a thin coat.

cheers dirtdog

Hi dirtdog

this might be a silly question but has the dog had a coarse of antibiotics as well as benzo this has always been a winner for me

it is my understanding that the benzo gets rid of what is on the suffice and the antibiotics gets rid of everything underneath

Regards Stoney

Not sure if its mange or not....there are two types of mange folicle mange is harder to treat than the more common variety which responds to the benzo treatment. The flakey stuff could be dead skin caused by the bushing or it may be diet the only way to know for sure is a trip to the vet

give the dog a bath with coal tar shampoo or one with zinc perithirate in it [ most dandruff shampoos ] then treat it with benzo and leave it on this should do the trick , benzo will also stimulate the hair folicule to grow , its good for thin coats over a few months it will thicken them up well