The Hunting Life

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if theres one thing ive learned is to kep a back up of my friends and contacts and not to contribute financially to a forum that can be shut without notice.

I apreciate that things can be tough with pratts arguing and wind ups but if its kept on top of it it rarely gets bad.

Firstly I would like to say thanks to Ian for giving us all this wonderful forum

last night when I tried logging in first I was shocked that it was closed .

Then I was angry with myself for not having any contact info for the people I have a bit of crack with on here .

As the night drew on I was more and more annoyed because I thought I had lost all of this wonderful knowledge from people who not only have they spent the majority of there lives compiling but more importantly decided to share with us.

its about time we realised that been a member of this amazing site is after all a privilege and not a right and as we have see it can be taken away from us all in the blink of an eye.

so I for one shall be trying to contribute more fully and even if I disagree with anybody I shall let it ride rather than turn usually valid posts into a slagging match.

after all we have an upward climb just to keep our hunting sports and hobbies without us infighting all the time

So in closing I would just like to say once again thanks Ian for giving us this chance to prove we can be civilised .

And also guys and girls don't forget the team of moderators who also put there time free of charge

kindest regards Mal .

Right lets get this straight, we have a forum full of genuine people and a small minority of people whos real interest doesn't lie in hunting, but causing disruption on here and other sites...This is not what the forum is about, its about a common interest "hunting" , we need to stick together if its to stay here..

I've received a LOT of emails, which to be honest I'm touched by, people thanking for the site, the friends they've made, they truely appreciate the place, I've also had emails from people wanting to take it over, etc... Which isn't going to happen, well not while I'm still kicking anyway....

Theres been a few members removed from the site, and if the place stays online, which is only going to be temporary for now, I'm going to come down hard on anyone posting anything that can damage us or portray our sport in a bad light, but we NEED the MEMBERS support also in helping us with this...

The site takes a lot of time up for myself, and the time of the moderators who try to keep on top of things, which seems a thankless task at times... its very much appreciated though guys, its all too easy for someone to come on here and put others down...but as I say, things are going to change for the better..

I'll give it this chance... there a few that need a straightner yet.......

Oh yeh, I finally got some painting done today :D

Right lets get this straight, we have a forum full of genuine people and a small minority of people whos real interest doesn't lie in hunting, but causing disruption on here and other sites...This is not what the forum is about, its about a common interest "hunting" , we need to stick together if its to stay here..

I've received a LOT of emails, which to be honest I'm touched by, people thanking for the site, the friends they've made, they truely appreciate the place, I've also had emails from people wanting to take it over, etc... Which isn't going to happen, well not while I'm still kicking anyway....

Theres been a few members removed from the site, and if the place stays online, which is only going to be temporary for now, I'm going to come down hard on anyone posting anything that can damage us or portray our sport in a bad light, but we NEED the MEMBERS support also in helping us with this...

The site takes a lot of time up for myself, and the time of the moderators who try to keep on top of things, which seems a thankless task at times... its very much appreciated though guys, its all too easy for someone to come on here and put others down...but as I say, things are going to change for the better..

I'll give it this chance... there a few that need a straightner yet.......

Oh yeh, I finally got some painting done today :D

great to ave you back :clapper:

Missed the site all morning, thanks for coming back. Joined the site when I got my lurcher and constantly refer to it for advice, dont know where I would be without all the contributors.

Working Lurcher is a solo business for me - which makes it damn difficult to get through the patches of utter despair when the dogs not on side - youve all helped me through. Then when it goes right you want to shout it from the roof tops - you have all had to listen.

Thanks Ian and every contributor :thumbs:

Thanks for the reopening Ian, I was gutted this morning when I went into work and saw the notice. Thisis the best place on the net for meeting people and learning. I havent posted much and only been around for a few weeks, but have met several decent blokes to offer help and advice.

Keep up the fantastic site

I dont know how you do it but you manage to sneak past our barriers at work that block every other hunting site. WELL DONE.