snaring record catch?

when i was a youngster! i helped a pair of pro rabbit catchers who ran a 1,000 wires each, twice when i was with them they had over 500

all taken on the run, no fence setting.

i just wondered? if anybody can remember big catches old, or new, fairy stories included ? :o

cheers.

When i was in scotland in the mid ninties i had snares out for a week. Got a good few rabbits, then one evening, as i slept, my uncle put three rabbits (dead) in the one snare!!....the b*****ds!! we had a good laugh about that one!

when i was a youngster! i helped a pair of pro rabbit catchers who ran a 1,000 wires each, twice when i was with them they had over 500

all taken on the run, no fence setting.

i just wondered? if anybody can remember big catches old, or new, fairy stories included ? :o

cheers.

Thats crap mate, only 50% :D

92 out of 100 pegged wires about seven yrs ago.Had 70s-80s hundreds of times out of 100 pegged wires.Would love to get old snareman,woodga,teejay and myself with 500 pegged wires each on a good black, windy, winters night and see what we kill.......P@G

92 out of 100 pegged wires about seven yrs ago.Had 70s-80s hundreds of times out of 100 pegged wires.Would love to get old snareman,woodga,teejay and myself with 500 pegged wires each on a good black, windy, winters night and see what we kill.......P@G

you might get a couple each :D

2000 pegged wires set and only 500 rabbits snared , a couple of amateurs more like it , i,ve had 192 out of two hundred, in a morning , and 97 three times out of one hundred , old chisholm, one of my mentors snared 2500 rabbits in a week working 1000 wires, if woodga, peg and gun and myself , set out two thousand pegged snares , on ground that was infested with rabbits , we would be needing a bus to take them away,and thats a true fact.
p and g you forgot about that morning you had 157 , out of 225 snares , the morning that the sheep had got into the field. your mind must be going young man.