Not very sucsessfull lamping

This is only my second season lamping and I am real keen to get my two year old bitch working well. I've been out about ten times or so now and seem to find that theres nothing about.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem recently or is it something I've been done wrong? I know that there have been alot of very still nights which haven't helped my course. I've been going out about two or three hours after dark and trying my best to be as quiet as possible. We have had about 5 rabbits so far but I see on her people going out and catching dozens and wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Me and the dog are keen enough but just need a little help.

Planning to go out in about an hour. Any help would be greatly recieved.

keep it going,

just remember, wear dark clothes, keep quite, and keep the wind blowing in you face.

and i know its hard but if you can get out with some one with more experience, it would be a great help for you and your dog,

regards

smoggy

ps what type of dog is it ?

This is only my second season lamping and I am real keen to get my two year old bitch working well. I've been out about ten times or so now and seem to find that theres nothing about.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem recently or is it something I've been done wrong? I know that there have been alot of very still nights which haven't helped my course. I've been going out about two or three hours after dark and trying my best to be as quiet as possible. We have had about 5 rabbits so far but I see on her people going out and catching dozens and wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Me and the dog are keen enough but just need a little help.

Planning to go out in about an hour. Any help would be greatly recieved.

perhaps there just isent many rabbits in your area?? travel further afield ,or perhaps you could get somone on the forum to go with,good luck

Dont panic about big numbers you only can catch big numbers if the rabbits are there ,try to go on a rough night bit of wind (ideal night high winds lite drizel) but we cant be chosey dont go to early the later you go the more relaxed the rabbits will be and tend to travel further out in to the feild their bellys are full and relax more try not to lamp the same grounds to often But mainly it depends a lot on the weather good luck mate

Thanks mate. I've been out with some experienced mates last season which helped so must try and go out with them again.

My bitch is a 5/8 greyhoundx3/8 bull. She's two and a half years old and in my eyes a lovely dogs. She's worked well for me last season and ok so far this one but now we've got her first season over and done with I wanted to go at it full pelt this year but it's been a bit of a let down so far.

Thanks mate. I've been out with some experienced mates last season which helped so must try and go out with them again.

My bitch is a 5/8 greyhoundx3/8 bull. She's two and a half years old and in my eyes a lovely dogs. She's worked well for me last season and ok so far this one but now we've got her first season over and done with I wanted to go at it full pelt this year but it's been a bit of a let down so far.

dont worry bout the numbers mate,

some people aint got a lot on there land, if it aint there you cant catch it

even if they are there, some ground a lot harder tae catch on than others

just keep getting oot, an the rest will follow

Spot on, :victory:

BIRD

Hi mate

Im from leamington aswell

Where abouts you been going?

Im just getting into the lurcher biz.

Getting a lurcher early next year.

Hi

I've got permission over towards Rugby but the majority of it is over by Startford, Shipston Way.

Thanks for all your help people, will keep you informed on how things progress.