First time ratting

Got Jack Russell, found stable, got hay bales, got feed bins, got RATS, got no experience but am very excited :yahoo:! I am taking my dog ratting tomorrow and it's the first time for both of us so if anyone has any helpful advice I'd really appreciate it .

Annika

Got Jack Russell, found stable, got hay bales, got feed bins, got RATS, got no experience but am very excited :yahoo:! I am taking my dog ratting tomorrow and it's the first time for both of us so if anyone has any helpful advice I'd really appreciate it .

Annika

hi mate dont move all the bales move em 1 at a time buildin a wall between you and the exits so when you get to the last level of bails the rats have nowere to run they work down to the bottom so when you get down get ready its a good way of controlling the bolts and works really well we had a peggy tub 3 quarts full when we did my mates fathers barn ps make sure you av dogs in wi you lol good luck hope this helps

:drink::drink::drink:

Guest blackntan
Thanks for all advice guys :notworthy: , off to bed now for a bright and early start. Hoping to have some pics for you later.
check your terriers after for bites wash there wounds and iodean them and have a good day :thumbs:

Well, we are back from not a very successful days ratting, the little buggers must have known we were coming, or it could have had something to do with all the volunteers from the local riding school helping doing a big cleanup at the weekend, which I was told about this morning when we arrived :wallbash: .

We looked everywhere :search: and didn't even find a mouse. Have to find ourselves a better location for next time.

Well, we are back from not a very successful days ratting, the little buggers must have known we were coming, or it could have had something to do with all the volunteers from the local riding school helping doing a big cleanup at the weekend, which I was told about this morning when we arrived :wallbash: .

We looked everywhere :search: and didn't even find a mouse. Have to find ourselves a better location for next time.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT..THATS HOW THINGS GO SOMETIMES :thumbdown: ..BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.IT WAS WORTH A TRY, DONT GIVE UP. :boxing: