Barrel help needed!!!!

Hi there, could anyone help.i have a .17hmr sako quad + aya shotgun.Recently i have noticed lots of little rust looking dots on each of the barrels especially the aya :cry: .Does any one know a good way of getting these off first of all???Secondly does anyone know what to use on the barrel to keep it aaway???replys much appriciated!!cheers

Hi there, could anyone help.i have a .17hmr sako quad + aya shotgun.Recently i have noticed lots of little rust looking dots on each of the barrels especially the aya :cry: .Does any one know a good way of getting these off first of all???Secondly does anyone know what to use on the barrel to keep it aaway???replys much appriciated!!cheers

Oh god i know what you mean im a nightmare for things like that!! i used to put gun in the sleeve when i got home from wildfowling put it in the cabinet and then the next day it would be terrible mind you thats my own fault but when you get home really late and all you want to do is sleep the last thing you wanna do is start cleaning lol i usually carry a piece of rag with oil on it and when im out on the marsh i give it a rub down every so often learnt from my mistake!!! as for getting rid of the rust all ya can really do is oil it up!! or even oil it up and put it in the airing cubboard to get it nice a dry!!

Oh god i know what you mean im a nightmare for things like that!! i used to put gun in the sleeve when i got home from wildfowling put it in the cabinet and then the next day it would be terrible mind you thats my own fault but when you get home really late and all you want to do is sleep the last thing you wanna do is start cleaning lol i usually carry a piece of rag with oil on it and when im out on the marsh i give it a rub down every so often learnt from my mistake!!! as for getting rid of the rust all ya can really do is oil it up!! or even oil it up and put it in the airing cubboard to get it nice a dry!!

Thanks for the advise so far.Any other replys much appriciated!!!

my semi shotgun and my .22 did this,but me being me left them as i used them nearly every day.

but last month i got some fine wire wool,rubbed the rust spots off then re-blued.

takes a while to do but good results,now when im out i dry/rub down and use silicone cloth before i re-slip the guns,a quick rub when i get home and let them air before putting back into the cabinate.

my semi shotgun and my .22 did this,but me being me left them as i used them nearly every day.

but last month i got some fine wire wool,rubbed the rust spots off then re-blued.

takes a while to do but good results,now when im out i dry/rub down and use silicone cloth before i re-slip the guns,a quick rub when i get home and let them air before putting back into the cabinate.

thanks for the advise,not sure what silicone cloth is tho??

thanks for the advise,not sure what silicone cloth is tho??

you can buy a silicone cloth from any gun shop for under a fiver,or if you know anyone who works in a factory they should be able to get a tin of silicone spray,simply spray a soft cloth and use it,lasts forever so cheap and effective.