Pups first rabbit.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice dog pal mines just turned a year and has taken three squatters on the lamp:D hes very hard mouthed tho the last one came back with all its gutts hanging out. what training do you do with him?

Nothing out of the ordinary really. I never picked out toys with a squeek in so he wouldn't chomp on them. Although I did buy one or two but took the squeek out. I was told this when I got him by my brother as he has had a few lurchers himself and learnt by his mistakes. Although I don't think I would do it my self I was told that if you get a really hard mouthed pup then to wrap a dummy in barbed wire and then a fresh rabbit skin will stop them. They will soon stop chomping on raddit. Well you would I suppose but there must be more humain ways I'm sure. ANY SURGESTIONS FOLKS.

Took him out last friday to let him see a few. Gave him two short runs just to see if he was keen. Unfortunatly he missed both. Took him out for his normal walk this evening and he saw the flash of tail and let him go, caught it after 70yds and a couple of turns. Straight back to hand alive and un-munched, all that training seams to have paid off. Just got to restrain myself now as he is only seven months tomorow, I'll just give him a short run every other week until he's one. I was like a dog with two d**ks let alone him. :dance:
well done i'm a believer of showing them there trade early ,,but dont over do it or you could have problems in the future,try n get easy short runs 2 r 3 a night then he wont be long in comming on good luck :thumbs:
Took him out last friday to let him see a few. Gave him two short runs just to see if he was keen. Unfortunatly he missed both. Took him out for his normal walk this evening and he saw the flash of tail and let him go, caught it after 70yds and a couple of turns. Straight back to hand alive and un-munched, all that training seams to have paid off. Just got to restrain myself now as he is only seven months tomorow, I'll just give him a short run every other week until he's one. I was like a dog with two d**ks let alone him. :dance:

lovely dog :notworthy: well done!