out today with sionnach

we set off today around 7.30 in the hope of hunting a few covers for foxes .Sionnach off the site had his pack of terriers and beaglexspringers which are already in top form so i knew we were in for a good day .We had 6 lurchers aswell for staking out the cover abd 4 beagles to work alongside the terriers.First cover the dogs enteres they were all singing together within minutes ,one fox broke at the bottom of the cover but the lurcher was unlucky and missed.The fox doubled back to me and i got a short run on him and drove him back into the cover.We then hunted another two covers but charlie never showed.The last cover was a lovely long wood in a glen .We were without the beagles for this one but never the less sionnachs pack steped up and by god did they rise to the occassion .They flew into the wood SCREAMING and foxes were showing everywhere .I was in a bog with my lurcher and got two short runs but saw 3 if not 4 foxes.The chap in the field beside me killed one fox with his yound bullx his first fox ever.Sionnachs digging bitch followed one to ground and bolted that for me to get a slip on.Great days hunting with great company and dogs.A big thank you to sionnach for inviting me and my young lad

Sounds like a good day out scent.

Cant beat a day with like minded fellas who are willing to share a bit of hunting.

yes a great day was had its great to hear a pack of terriers and hounds all screaming together

Sounds like a good craic! How are the boys doing ? They know their stuff on cover work! Is the area you worked ? Had a couple of days out with them earlier in the year cover work and a dig .

post-7755-1223890169.jpg

post-7755-1223889713.jpg

post-7755-1223890465.jpg

all good ye the lads surely know their stuff and are always bang on with their covers

we set off today around 7.30 in the hope of hunting a few covers for foxes .Sionnach off the site had his pack of terriers and beaglexspringers which are already in top form so i knew we were in for a good day .We had 6 lurchers aswell for staking out the cover abd 4 beagles to work alongside the terriers.First cover the dogs enteres they were all singing together within minutes ,one fox broke at the bottom of the cover but the lurcher was unlucky and missed.The fox doubled back to me and i got a short run on him and drove him back into the cover.We then hunted another two covers but charlie never showed.The last cover was a lovely long wood in a glen .We were without the beagles for this one but never the less sionnachs pack steped up and by god did they rise to the occassion .They flew into the wood SCREAMING and foxes were showing everywhere .I was in a bog with my lurcher and got two short runs but saw 3 if not 4 foxes.The chap in the field beside me killed one fox with his yound bullx his first fox ever.Sionnachs digging bitch followed one to ground and bolted that for me to get a slip on.Great days hunting with great company and dogs.A big thank you to sionnach for inviting me and my young lad
good going scent sounds like a good exciting day doing cover yesterday ourselves got 3 you can t beat it
good going scent sounds like a good exciting day doing cover yesterday ourselves got 3 you can t beat it

thats a fair day gettin 3 was it with lurchers pal

yet we using lurchers got two with lurchers missed two and dug one with my bitch

yet we using lurchers got two with lurchers missed two and dug one with my bitch

thats a good day yee had then plenty around this season i hope