Conger

Went out on a sea trip again last week. Weather brilliant and fish biting well. Loads of mackeral, several whiting, ling, pouting and a few other bits and bobs and finally 5 of these, best fish 25lbs.

My first! Cheers, D.

post-10409-1223810376_thumb.jpg

Nice one!!! never tasted conger is it any good???? :icon_eek:

never caught em either but i see them a bit when wreck diving....saw one big b#st#rd and a guy getting too close ripped his hand wide open and

battered him off the side o the wreck before it let go!!!!

heres one i took.... once you get a couple n see them start to get agitated time to leave well alone!!! :big_boss:

conger-1.jpg

sauer

nasty things them congers but nice to eat,

Well done mate

How do you cook yours?

Nail its head to a fencing post and slit a ring but behind its fins on the side, then with a pair of pliers pull of of the skin off and then cut off the head.

Chop up the meat into small chunks and them fry for about 10mins, you can add what every you like to it, i like it with salad

Well done mate

How do you cook yours?

Nail its head to a fencing post and slit a ring but behind its fins on the side, then with a pair of pliers pull of of the skin off and then cut off the head.

Chop up the meat into small chunks and them fry for about 10mins, you can add what every you like to it, i like it with salad

Many thanks. Cheers, D.

Well done mate

How do you cook yours?

Many thanks. Cheers, D.

nice one dytkos, nothing like the feel of a conger on the rod. I reckon its an acquired taste though,not too keen myself. Used to fish for conger out of looe some years back, twas good fishing. well done mate.

khukru