bsa s10 carbine

hi all

im am thinking about getting a s10 mk2 carbine in .22

if any of you lads use one could you please post your findings.

new to airgunning so any feedback would be great.

are they as acurate as a full rifle?what are the pros and cons?

thanks

Edited by showtime 73

hi there i dont have any experience in s10 but i have a hw100 carbine and the acuracy is great i also rate this rifle very highly as a hunting tool aswel as the occasional target fun.

hope this helps i know a few guys on here use the super10 and will give you better answers regarding that gun

regards john

try and handle a few different guns before you buy, i have never had one, always fancied one but on my last shopping trip i ended up with a HW100 and to be fair its the best airgun i have, only one i am using at the moment

one thing to consider is the huge air cylinder / shot capacity you will have to get it topped up using a dive bottle pr buy one

anyways your choice

Good piece of kit.

I have had one for 5yrs and the only time its been back to BSA is for servicing.

Has its pros and cons as i would guess many airguns have but it is a handy tool.

Accurate and consistent when you find the flavour of pellets it likes, mine prefers accupell only. They are good for shooting from a motor due to their size and are reasonably ballanced.

The problem with the barrel size is that it is loud and the standard silencer from BSA is shite, so an upgrade is a must. A new silencer will not make it silent though. A bullbarrel may be the better option. You would have to compare the two.

The magazines arent much cop either and if you use it regularly ( 3-4 times a week ) they soon wear and become inconsistent.

Theres a couple of pros & cons imho that i have found, others may argue different or have their own but i dont belive any rifle is faultless.

Hope this helps a little, good luck with your choice :thumbs:

ive got carbine bullbarrel mk3

its the nuts mate .ive fired 5 or 6 tins through mine use it every day when i am not working .never had a problem .

best thing to do is try few rifles in shop then try s10 .

i had my heart set on a s410 till i held one . also tryed 3 others s10 won,