Desensitization CD(loud bangs)

My sons JRTxPatt is becoming more fearful of gun shot sounds. She has got to the stage of when she hears a shot her tail is down and wants to make a run for it. She was working well bushing and flushing for my two running dogs, but now the team is falling apart. Just wondering has anyone tried one of these CDs. Dont want to give up on the terrier as she is a cracking little worker(was)

Any other info on how to overcome this problem will be greatly welcome

You could do some positive reinforcement work like you firing the gun at a fair distance & you kids can give the dog small bits of his favourite treats & have the dog on the lead at this point, then just close the distance depending on how quick the dog starts giving the desired behaviour.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Try giving the dog Scullcap and Valerian tablets from Dorwest Herbs

http://www.dorwest.com/ and yes, the Sounds Scary CD does help, but you need to play it at least twice a day and follow the instructions to the letter.

Sound sensitivity gets worse each year if left untreated.

I have the same problem, I have the cd, but it has no instructions. Anyone know what the correct instructions are to the letter?.

My sons JRTxPatt is becoming more fearful of gun shot sounds. She has got to the stage of when she hears a shot her tail is down and wants to make a run for it. She was working well bushing and flushing for my two running dogs, but now the team is falling apart. Just wondering has anyone tried one of these CDs. Dont want to give up on the terrier as she is a cracking little worker(was)

Any other info on how to overcome this problem will be greatly welcome

Perhaps try the 'Crash, Bang, Wallop' CD tape...

Start it off quietly,.and GRADUALY increase the volume....

Take it slow... :thumbs:

All the best to you,...CHALKWARREN... :drink: