223 or 1.7 centerfire

i have a 223 and have just got some land passed for it..My shooting buddy has a 1.7 centerfire ansd says i should get rid of my 223 and get a 1.7 centerfire and advise plz...shooting foxes and rabbits...TIA

I wouldnt bother mate, stick with your .223 if your only hunting rabbits and foxes.

i have a 223 and have just got some land passed for it..My shooting buddy has a 1.7 centerfire ansd says i should get rid of my 223 and get a 1.7 centerfire and advise plz...shooting foxes and rabbits...TIA

WHY????

Is it more powerful?

Does it hit harder?

Is the ammo cheaper?

Is the ammo easier to get?

Is there more choice of ammo?

Will the barrel last longer?

Do you have a problem with the .223?

After you have answered NO to all the above perhaps you may want to suggest he gets rid of the .17 and buys a .223!! :thumbs:

WHY????

Is it more powerful?

Does it hit harder?

Is the ammo cheaper?

Is the ammo easier to get?

Is there more choice of ammo?

Will the barrel last longer?

Do you have a problem with the .223?

After you have answered NO to all the above perhaps you may want to suggest he gets rid of the .17 and buys a .223!! :thumbs:

deker has some strange veiws on calibre's somtimes and i cant say i always agree with what he says..although the 17 is a great F.F.C i think the 223 is exactly what deker has written above....why do you need the same as your mate??? its far more fun if you and your mates have diferant calibres.....

I have a Tikka in .17 Rem also a 22.250 and assuming no wind I will always pick up the 22.250.

My .17 took me nearly 250 shots of home made ammo before it would group well. It is a fun gun and when zeroed 1/2 inch high at 100 yds and will be spot on at 200 yards

My advice?? stick with your 223