Nightforce NXS OWNERS ONLY PLEASE!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I have a question concerning the nxs 3.5-15/50 scope.

My shooting partner has one fitted to his tikka 3 stainless light and just recently it has been playing up.

After a couple of shots the zero moves 4inches to the left. Upon re-zeroing he has then gone out and dropped foxes at 150-200 yards.

Then completely misses one next time out and again upon checking the scope is 3-4 inches out to te left.

Now I would expect a drop problem but not a sideways one.

Any experts advise what the problem could be. (not good for a £1000 scope).

He uses factory loads and home rolled and is very careful about knocks etc to the rifle when in use.

Pulling his hair out at the minute( well he would but bald as a coot) :angry:

Dave K

Edited by topgunners
Guest JohnGalway

Welcome aboard Dave ;)

I'm no expert. What mounts has he got? Anything touching the barrel that shouldn't be ?(Bipod legs folded up and touching a mod perhaps?) Is he zeroing it one way, like off bags, and shooting off a bipod?

As usual, if he can mount another scope and try that out the it will tell if it's the NF or something else causing the problem.

Welcome aboard Dave ;)

I'm no expert. What mounts has he got? Anything touching the barrel that shouldn't be ?(Bipod legs folded up and touching a mod perhaps?) Is he zeroing it one way, like off bags, and shooting off a bipod?

As usual, if he can mount another scope and try that out the it will tell if it's the NF or something else causing the problem.

Spot on John with your suggestions - these scopes are generally bomb proof

Welcome aboard Dave ;)

The mounts he has are optiloks

Dave K

yes also check the action screws also as i've seen this happen.....causing slight cant in the rifle, will through you off too,

but as said, is the barrel free floating, with and with out mod...?

As said bomb proof is right with excellent tracking also.... ;)